Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
RobertoBetta7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I recently purchased the Arlo Pro 2 dual camera system. I set the system up and everything ran and recorded for a couple of weeks until the Base Station died, no lights burning. I tried multiple plugs and sockets and still nothing. I shipped the entire system to the supplier and lo and behold the Base Station powered up. The system was shipped back to me, I plugged it in with a brand new adapter in the same wall socket and lo and behold the unit powered up but only for a couple of days leaving me with the same problem as before. What is going on with this Base Station? I'm at my wits end.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a different outlet?

And , yes, it is possible to be a heat related problem with a bad circuit

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RobertoBetta7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Yes, I have tried multiple travel adaptors to convert from US to South Africa plug points that to multiple plug outlets. I will retry again after work.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use a voltmeter to measure the voltage at the power adapter cord to see if it's the adapter that's the issue. Since you're using a travel adapter I wonder if it's the use of the US power supply that's the issue. Maybe locating a power converter would be a better choice or a power supply that provides the proper output (12VDC at 2A, with center conductor positive, I think - check the existing supply for actual specs) would be the best solution.

RobertoBetta7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I seem to have solved the problem. The power adapter supplied by Arlo is 120v, in South Africa our outlets are 220v. I now have a power adapter pluged into the base station that conforms to South African standards and so far I have had no problems. Thank you everyone for your replies. Much appreciated.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation