Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - 4 Cameras No Sync and No Support

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation
WildStyle
Initiate
Initiate

HW Version: VMB4000r3

Firmware: 1.14.1.2_2916_1fdeefd

--------------------------------------------------

Purchased a new camera setup the base station and 4 cameras. The cameras will not sync with the base station no matter what I do. I see there are other customers with the same issue, and it seems like they didn't get it resolved by support and ended up sending the product back... not a good sign at all.

So far I've tried to:

- Sync the cameras locally.

- Sync the cameras from the mobile app.

- Sync the camera from the web application.

- Factory reset the base station.

- Delete and re-add the base station (multiple times)

- Try on a different network / location.

Nothing works at this point -- seems like it must be a firmware / software issue with the base station to me.

Contacting Arlo support seems to be a bad joke:

- Sent a support ticket request, got no response.

- Tried live chat from multiple web browsers, computers, locations and it never works (seriously, what?!).

- There is no telephone support for my country, Thailand.

So I'm now reduced to posting here in the hope I can get some random kind of support, for a product that was actually quite expensive. The standard of customer service / support is somewhat lacking, from what I've seen so far. Hopefully some kind soul in here can assist, I'd be very grateful.

Additionally - how many times do I need to login on Arlo web sites and services? Every time return I have to login again, or if I refresh a page in the web application it takes me back to the login page again. As a software engineer myself, I can honestly say this is bad design / UX and should not be happening.

Regards,

WildStyle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WildStyle
Initiate
Initiate

Marking this as resolved - I decided to call the Arlo, American support line from Thailand and they were able to help me sync the cameras.

Here are the steps, in case others have the same issue:

1. Power off the base station and remove the network cable, so the device is no longer connected to internet.
  2. Wait a minute then restart the devices, and wait until the first light turns from orange to green (fixed, not flashing).
  3. Pair the cameras one at a time, with the base station offline. You do it in the same way, i.e. press base station sync button 2 seconds, then camera sync button 2 seconds.
  4. The blue light on camera flashes slowly for like 15 seconds or so and then starts flashing quickly and should pair with the base station, after which all lights go off on the camera. Base station third light will be fixed green after a camera has been successfully paired.
  5. Once you've paired the cameras offline, reconnect the base station network cable and wait for the base station to connect to internet again, after which the second light goes green (sometimes flashing with data transfers).
  6. Repeat the steps from No #2 on this list - pairing the cameras one at a time with the base station, now that it is back online. It should work the same way as you did offline, however this time the sync should work and then the cameras will show up as correctly paired with the base station.
  7. Open the Arlo mobile management app, see your cameras... and rejoice!!

Thanks to the nice guy @ Arlo support for helping me with this issue, finally.

// WildStyle

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
WildStyle
Initiate
Initiate

Marking this as resolved - I decided to call the Arlo, American support line from Thailand and they were able to help me sync the cameras.

Here are the steps, in case others have the same issue:

1. Power off the base station and remove the network cable, so the device is no longer connected to internet.
  2. Wait a minute then restart the devices, and wait until the first light turns from orange to green (fixed, not flashing).
  3. Pair the cameras one at a time, with the base station offline. You do it in the same way, i.e. press base station sync button 2 seconds, then camera sync button 2 seconds.
  4. The blue light on camera flashes slowly for like 15 seconds or so and then starts flashing quickly and should pair with the base station, after which all lights go off on the camera. Base station third light will be fixed green after a camera has been successfully paired.
  5. Once you've paired the cameras offline, reconnect the base station network cable and wait for the base station to connect to internet again, after which the second light goes green (sometimes flashing with data transfers).
  6. Repeat the steps from No #2 on this list - pairing the cameras one at a time with the base station, now that it is back online. It should work the same way as you did offline, however this time the sync should work and then the cameras will show up as correctly paired with the base station.
  7. Open the Arlo mobile management app, see your cameras... and rejoice!!

Thanks to the nice guy @ Arlo support for helping me with this issue, finally.

// WildStyle

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation