Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo PRO 2 - I Can't Accept Granted Access Invitation

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Charlotta
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can’t accept an invitation from a family member to use the Arlo app?

5 REPLIES 5
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Any more details?  Do you have an Arlo account yet?  Is it the same as the email used by the person issuing the invitation?  What device types?  PC, Mac, Adoid mobile? iOS mobile?

Charlotta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

Yes I have an account but not the same e-mail adress as my husband - who sent the invitation to me. Is that the problem?

We are using Iphones

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Charlotta wrote:

Hi!

Yes I have an account but not the same e-mail adress as my husband - who sent the invitation to me. Is that the problem?

We are using Iphones

Sorry I wasn’t clear.  I meant was the invitation sent to the email address that is the same as your Arlo account.  Sometimes we have an Arlo account set up with one address and people send an invitation to another one of our email addresses.  

Assuming the invitation was sent to the same email address as your Arlo account.  What happened? You clicked on the invitation link?  Using which user interface (web or mobile app) on which platform? PC, Mac, Android, iOS?  If browser based, which browser?  What happened next?  Describe your technical environment, your actions and actions from the software.

Charlotta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi again!

I did get the invitation to same e-mail adress as my account. In the mail it said that I only had to click on the link - but that link makes me have to open an account. Don´t get it - it should be just a link where I accept or??? 

I also tried to connect to our base station but it failed - got a red cross after a while saying that it failed

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Charlotta wrote:

Hi again!

I did get the invitation to same e-mail adress as my account. In the mail it said that I only had to click on the link - but that link makes me have to open an account. Don´t get it - it should be just a link where I accept or??? 

I also tried to connect to our base station but it failed - got a red cross after a while saying that it failed

I recall that process being a bit odd.  Try logging into your Arlo account in your web browser before you click on the link.  Then check your camera status on your account.  I think mine just sort of showed up the last time I did it.  It has been a while.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation