Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Interface - Unable to remove credit card information

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GDMontenegro
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo, 

I have been waiting two weeks now on having someone from some no-name department to remove my Credit Card information from your interface. 

I don't think it's right that you feel you need to hijack our credit card information. You need to give your customers the option to remove their credit card information. 

If and when you attempt to charge my credit card in September, I will dispute the charge and take this up with your corporate headquarters one way or another. 

Fix your interface!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GDMontenegro,

I have opened and escalated a ticket on your request. An agent will be reaching out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GDMontenegro,

I have opened and escalated a ticket on your request. An agent will be reaching out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

GDMontenegro
Initiate
Initiate

FYI everyone: 

They "fixed it" by closing the account after I spoke to their rep over the phone and told them I simply returned their product. 

To get into details.. Netgear/Arlo promised a free 1 month trial of their video recording services (hosting). We decided to add our credit card information because we had planned to continue using their product and services. A few days after purchasing and adding the credit card to the account, they charged our CC $9.99.

Red flag. 

Because they did this, it left a sour taste in my mouth.. this is bad practice. I decided to return their product and go with another company that provides great quality products and services and doesn't take advantage of their customers in hopes their customers would be ignorant/blind. 

After telling the rep that we had returned their product, then and only then, the rep had a sigh of relief.. they were able to just respond with, "okay, we will just close the account". 

So there's no real solution, they still won't allow their customers to remove the payment information. They hijack your CC and they charge your CC during the free trial. Whether it happens to everyone or not, that's still bad practice and they need to fix it all. 

Anyways, admins, you can close this account too. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation