Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
rogerrem
Tutor
Tutor

I am so done with Arlo products soon... Expensive and buggy.. Now, after updating the iOS app everything is in German and I cannot find a way to change it back to English.. any ideas?

64 REPLIES 64
Gordone
Tutor
Tutor
I don’t understand how they can release a new app version and not tested it for langugage error?
IOS12
Aspirant
Aspirant

The suggestion about changing the language in the IOS settings doesn't work on e.g. IOS version 12.4 - since this version doesn't offer the opportunity to change language at all  for the Arlo SW !

(yes, believe it or not, still have Iphone 6, and this is the latest available IOS version for this phone)

Arne997
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, all my notifications is on deutsch.
How to fix?
Arlo is on english in settings on my phone
Nipen68
Aspirant
Aspirant
...I did the same. That worked. But app notifications are still in german.
Arlo must come up with a bugfix to this issue ASAP.
GeirNo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Change language back from German(suddenly occured last week) to english AS default. Work ok on my IPhone , but impossible to change on my IPad. What do I have to do. I live in Norway. 

YRO
Tutor
Tutor
It is the same solution for IPad. I have IOS 13.6.1. Notifications are still in German. The development team is working on an update.
Nicolai
Aspirant
Aspirant
Suddenly my language in Arlo app changed from Norwegian to German. I live in Norway using iPhone. Tried restarting iphone as well as removing and reinstall app, no use. When changing the system language on the iphone to english it change language in Arlo app to english as well. But I want Norwegian.
Acromion
Aspirant
Aspirant
This have never been a problem before the update. It should not be nessecary to change the main iOS language.
I have Norwegian as number one and English as number two.
I have set the app main language to English. But yet it sends notifications in german.

YRO
Tutor
Tutor
I fully agree with your comments. The development team is now testing an update. Hopefully a solution will be available soon.
Johanselle
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been given an opportunity to test the new update. This removes languages like norwegian in preferred languages. This seems to work within the app menu, and also on push notifications. However there are some minor bugs regarding connectivity for the cameras. Hopefully this will also be sorted out.
Lillemor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Du må sette språket på tlf til engelsk. Så gå inn på arlo via innstillinger og velge engelsk. så endre språket på tlf tilbake på norsk. da når du går tilbake på arlo via innstillinger ligger språk alternativet der. da velger du engelsk. 

YRO
Tutor
Tutor
Beta testing of update is ongoing. I hope new version (without problems) will be available soon.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be fixed on the the latest version of the Arlo iOS app, which is 2.19.1. Make sure to update to the latest version if you haven't done so already. You can read more about the newest version here: Arlo iOS App - 2.19.1 - 25th August 2020

If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know.

Gordone
Tutor
Tutor

highly appreciated the quick response to make a new version of the app !

Ebarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Appears to be fixed now (v2.19.1). Thanks for the quick response to the problem!