Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
rogerrem
Tutor
Tutor

I am so done with Arlo products soon... Expensive and buggy.. Now, after updating the iOS app everything is in German and I cannot find a way to change it back to English.. any ideas?

64 REPLIES 64
Morteen
Aspirant
Aspirant

My problem is with the Arlo App.

I have the Arlo App installed on my IPad Pro, and recently came back from my holiday in Southern part of Norway. When opning the Arlo App at home(southwest Norway) i was, for sone reason, logget out of the app (it stated that my geolocation was different from last time i was logged in).

When logging back in the language was not Norwegian. 

My Ipad`s language is set to Norwegian, it`s location is in Norway both physically and in system.

I have logged out of the app, deleted it and reinstalled it, but still the App language is not in Norwegian. I think it is German, Swiss or Austrian.

Any suggestion?

Regards.

Aggisis
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can i changed to english ?

YRO
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you, problem solved. In addition you must make sure that your language settings on your IPhone has English as first or second option.
Halfdan
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve experienced the same thing. No idea how to fix it 🤦‍♂️
YRO
Tutor
Tutor

First go to settings on your  iPhone and Select General/ Language and region . If Norwegian is your preferred language then add English as second language.

When this is done you go back to Settings and choose the Arlo app. Now you will have the option to choose language. Choose English and problem solved.

mass_4321
Aspirant
Aspirant
Takker
BjornNorway
Aspirant
Aspirant

Case ID: 41876370

After update of app on Tuesday 18 Aug 20 to Version 2.19.0_5 the language was change from English to German. Make the Arlo tool/camera quite difficult to operate. I deleted the app and re-installed it and ended up With the same result. I don`t have a clue how I can change the settings for language. Arlo support made the problem and has to solve it ASAP. By the way - I think Your digital supprt service are to complicated and in the end not good for your buisness.

Quick support is mandatory

Stokk1
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is a fix for the language in the app, but notifications on iPhone and iWatch is still in german... Frome previous threads on this forum, it looks like this is an old problem, that came allive again...should be possible with a quick fix??

YRO
Tutor
Tutor

You are right. The development team is aware of the problem and hopefully they will solve it fast.

Tony_Goffredo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Perfect. That worked for me as well 🙂

Olafsrud
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

This is strange. I have no language setting withing the Arlo setting in settings. BUT when I go into settings - general - languages & region and change from Norwegian to English it works and changes to English. When I then try to change back to Norwegian it changes back to German. Cmon! Fix!

YRO
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, you need to add English as a second language in your iPhone.
Then you can select English as language in the Arlo app.
Persandve
Aspirant
Aspirant
Change iphone language to danish. Then you have the norwegian letters still.
Let us hope they fix the bug
Julsen
Aspirant
Aspirant
This also happened to me! Haven’t found a solution yet..
Olafsrud
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

I found the solution that fixed it on iOS - iPhone:

As I was not able to choose language under Settings - Arlo (no choice came up) I did as follow:

Setting - General - Language and Region: Add english in addition to you own language

Then go back into Settings - Arlo and change to english.

This fixed it. 

YRO
Tutor
Tutor
This works, but notifications will still be in German.
Olafsrud
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I added english as language in Setting - Country & Regional - I was able to choose language to English under Settings - Arlo. I did not have a choice before. When I the chose English app was again back to english. 

TKool
Aspirant
Aspirant

This worked for me. When changing to English on your phone, the language option on app settings appear and you can choose english. The switch the maine language back to norwegian.

TorOlafH
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the exact same results .
Delete app, reinstalled , set English as language in settings... the result is english in app, but still notifications are presented in german language.
In addition also now experiencing instability with the connection to cameras/base station’s (have 2 separate systems) requiring me to log off and on to access cameras again.

(Seems like Arlo released this latest upgrade while test personnel was still on summer vacation..... )
Gordone
Tutor
Tutor
The weaknes if you have a prefer language arlo app don’t support then it swap to German... default langugae should be English and not German or ist these a international product?

Strange choice by Arlo...
YRO
Tutor
Tutor
Ebarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here. Have tried uninstalling the app. Rebooting the phone, reinstalling app. Still in German. Very frustrating!
YRO
Tutor
Tutor
See my earlier message (no 30) for the solution.
Julsen
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve set language to English, and that helps in the app. But the notifications on iPhone and Apple Watch is still in German!
YRO
Tutor
Tutor
Notifications in German is still a problem. The development team is workin to solve this an hopefully an update is soon available.