Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
rogerrem
Tutor
Tutor

I am so done with Arlo products soon... Expensive and buggy.. Now, after updating the iOS app everything is in German and I cannot find a way to change it back to English.. any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be fixed on the the latest version of the Arlo iOS app, which is 2.19.1. Make sure to update to the latest version if you haven't done so already. You can read more about the newest version here: Arlo iOS App - 2.19.1 - 25th August 2020

If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know.

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64
yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

This morning my Arlo app has suddenly changed to German language. I have English as default since installing the app, and have never changed anything with regards to app language.

I have uninstalled app, restartet iPhone and reinstalled Arlo app. This has not fixed the issue.

Anyone else experiencing this? And how to fix it?

Jyman
Aspirant
Aspirant
by suddenly changing the language of the app you make it unstable and useless for users who do not know the language! last update changed the language from English to German ?
does anyone have a step by step recipe to change back in the iOS app?
Dannybear
Master
Master
The link below may assist.

If not try to delete the App data as well as the App using the iPhone storage settings page under the iPhone general settings. Then install again.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Language/m-p/1216840#M28385
Stokk1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same experience...suddenly changed today. Im using the app in Norway. Default language in app has always been english. No changes on any setup done by me. All other apps runs like normal...
yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Solved it. Went to Settings on my iPhone, and scrolled down to Arlo app settings. Preferred language was stated as Norwegian, which the Arlo app translated to German i guess? Changed this to English, and things are back to normal.

Stokk1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I dont find any options about language where you describe it. «Arlo-innstillinger» is totally empty?
yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Se screen shot from my iPhone, but notifications are still in German?

And the site wont accept my jpg screenshot...

Skjermbilde 2020-08-18 kl. 12.09.04.png

geggi
Aspirant
Aspirant

last ios app update change language from norwegian to german. how can I change that. I have tried to reinstall the app.

Bjorn_H
Tutor
Tutor

My app did the same (I live in Norway) although from English to German after updating the app two days ago. 

Also accessing the Library takes "forever" (30 sec) after the upgrade.

Bjorn_H
Tutor
Tutor

The ios app update on 16 Aug 2020 change the app language from English to German.

Also accessing the Library (using via SD, not cloud) suddenly takes "forever" (30 sec) after the upgrade, before the app update it took maybe 3 sec.

Haarfagre
Initiate
Initiate

My Arlo app just changed from English to German. It has used English for several years and just today changed to German. My phone has had Norwegian as first Language and English as second Language for several years. I am not going to change my iPhone main Language to English just because of the Arlo app. It should be possible to select language in the app. Or, even better, you should include Norwegian as app language. By the way, very few people in Scandinavia master German very well. We are fluent in English. So English should be default for languages not included in the app. For now, I will get to brush up on my German skills! Guten tag you'all !!  

SteinarJohnsen
Initiate
Initiate
The app suddenly has a mix of english and german language. Can I change back to english only?
Arhobbes
Aspirant
Aspirant
How can I change the language on the App. Everything is German language, and i want Norwegian.
Kim44
Aspirant
Aspirant
Me too. What to do
Lars83
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same thing here..
Bjoste
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi
The same thing happened to me today, this is not good! Does not use German at all! Arlo / Netgear, you have to fix this ASAP
Johanselle
Aspirant
Aspirant
The language in my Arlo app changed to german today. Have tried turning my device off/on (iphone x), and also tried to reinstall the app but it won’t change back. The language on the device is set to norwegian.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team is investigating reports about this issue.

In the meantime, please try out the following workaround that @yngveeide has provided and let us know if that helped.

@yngveeide wrote:

Solved it. Went to Settings on my iPhone, and scrolled down to Arlo app settings. Preferred language was stated as Norwegian, which the Arlo app translated to German i guess? Changed this to English, and things are back to normal.

For Push Notification language change: Please change your iOS language to English by going to your iOS Setting > General > Language & Region.

And could you provide the following screenshots:

1. Screenshot of the settings by going to your iOS Settings > General > Language & Region
  2. Screenshot of the Arlo app by going to your iOS Settings > Arlo > Preferred Language
  3. Screenshot of the Arlo App which shows the wrong language
  4. Screenshot of one push notification which shows the wrong language
Johanselle
Aspirant
Aspirant
@yngeeide had the solution. Changed the preferred language to english. I have attached a screenshot of the language and region setting.
Slow
Aspirant
Aspirant

It helps changing the language to english in the Arlo app in iOS settings on the phone and ipad.

thanks

Jyman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the great tips! by removing my preferred language and putting english on the app in the iPhone, I got back a language I understand. But I just have to say that I am extremely disappointed with Arlo who manages to get Norwegian to become German!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thank you to everyone who provided screenshots and other information. The development team was able to identify the issue and is working to fix this issue. We'll update the community when we hear any new information or update.

Savingryan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still not working in english.. only german.
System home is offline too.
Dont have the option like others on iphone to change the language to english on the app .
Please fix this now!
SteinarJohnsen
Initiate
Initiate
Changing the language in the iphone settings only partly solved the problem. Push notifications are still in german.

SteinarJohnsen