Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Hub no longer detecting devices

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ef0299
Aspirant
Aspirant

My phone app is no longer detecting any devices including the base station.

Have tried all the resents and updates possible.

The detecting device on the base station does flash and is sometimes steady when I try to connect through my phone, but the connection always fails. 
 What should I do next?

6 REPLIES 6
ef0299
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do you update the firmware if your phone is no longer detecting the hub?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@ef0299 wrote:

How do you update the firmware if your phone is no longer detecting the hub?

If the hub and cameras are working, they are connected to the Arlo cloud servers that send out updates. That is how firmware updates happen. Your phone does not come into it.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
ef0299
Aspirant
Aspirant

@michaelkenward Thank you

So I still need advice on why my phone will not connect

Would it have something to do with a change in internet hub?

After a lighting strike, mine needed to be replaced. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@ef0299 wrote:

Would it have something to do with a change in internet hub?

After a lighting strike, mine needed to be replaced. 

Ah, that's new information.

What is this hub? The one for your Internet or the one for your Arlo cameras?

If the phone doesn't detect anything, as in your first message, then that is where the problem lies. Does your phone connect to the Internet at all?

I suspect that you need to sort out your Internet connection before you worry about your Arlo system.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
ef0299
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @michaelkenward
Thanks for your note

My phone does connect to the new internet hub.

I can't see any way of taking out the old internet connection code and entering the new internet connection code for the Arlo base station hub. Could this be the problem?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

The first thing to do is to forget about using the mobile app to talk to the hub. It doesn't.

@ef0299 wrote:

I can't see any way of taking out the old internet connection code and entering the new internet connection code for the Arlo base station hub. Could this be the problem?

There is no "code" that I know of that connects your hub to the router. You simply plug in the hub and leave it to negotiate a connection with the router.

With the VMB4000 hub, the three lights on the front indicate what is going on.

The one on the left turns green when it the power is on. The middle light turns green when it is connected to the Internet. The one on the right is green when it has cameras connected to the hub. All of this is explained in the manual.

What do you lights look like?

You said earlier:

The detecting device on the base station does flash and is sometimes steady when I try to connect through my phone, but the connection always fails.

What is this "detecting device". The right hand LED. If it turns solid green, along with the other LEDs, then your system is working.

The LEDs have nothing to do with your mobile app.  What does the right had LED look like? Is it solid green or blinking steadily?

Several times now you have said:

My phone does connect to the new internet hub.

That's not how it works. Your mobile does not connect to the hub. It connects to the internet, which is why I asked about that. Then the Arlo app signs into your Arlo account, This then reports back on cameras and checks for cloud recordings.

Can you login to https://my.arlo.com/

If you can, what do you see?

If not, what error messages do you get?

As you have changed the router in front of your hub, you may have to factory reset the hub and set it up from scratch.

Get your manual here:

Arlo - Security Cameras and Systems

Check the troubleshooting section.

You can also ask Arlo for official support.

One way to check if the system is working is to use a browser on a PC or Mac to visit https://my.arlo.com/.

This will then tell you if it is the system that is bust or the mobile app.

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation