Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
damonv
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried to use the chime as a doorbell when my front camera detects a person.  However, whenever connecting the chime to the camera, the smart notifications no longer work and it triggers on EVERY motion detection making it unusable.  

Has anyone had success using the chime with a camera AND smart notifications?   

I suspect this is just a bug, and my desired behavior is that I could use the chime only when it detects a person in my specified activity zones.  I also suspect that not many people use the chime with the cameras and instead use the chime with the doorbell.

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @damonv

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

damonv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Shayne.  I have already contacted support to no avail.  All of the standard trouble shooting recommendations were no help.  My hope is that someone in the community actually is able to confirm that they have gotten this working successfully.  Or if not, then I can just keep my chime in a drawer until the bug is fixed. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @damonv

Thanks for the info, I will look in to this & see what I can find out. I will provide an update as soon as possible.

damonv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks in advance for anything you might find!

Mfrost13
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issue. I bought a chime 2 yesterday to pair with Arlo pro3 cameras. Does the smart notifications not work? It’s picking up all motion.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Mfrost13  Can't answer about the chime as this is an old thread and don't use one but do you have the notifications you do not want off in the Smart Notification setting?  Or is the problem just when connected to the chime. 

damonv
Aspirant
Aspirant
I never got it working. Unfortunately I just decided to shelve my Chime.
Mfrost13
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have a Arlo pro 3 at our gate. It currently work great with phone notification. I just have notifications set to people, vehicles, animals. I have all other motion off. Again it works great for phone notifications.

Again with the chime. It’s notifying on every motion while my phone notified correctly.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Mfrost13

Is this occurring with the original Arlo Chime or Chime "2"?

Thank you

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation