Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
improve58
Luminary
Luminary

I purchased my system about ten days ago; been looking at these very helpful forums, which often seem to give better advice than the phone help line. The latter is often impossible to get through on unless you call late at night. I believe the limited warranty runs one year. Apparently Arlo gives 90 days of free troubleshooting help. I could understand if a customer didn't bother to go through the manual and wanted advice. But if the manual is ambiguous or incomplete, or worse, if the software has bugs that cause malfunction as seems to be the case from posted complaints, it seems unfair to charge customers extra to help troubleshoot what may never have worked properly in the first place --after a significant expenditure of money for the system.

I think Arlo could do its name a favor by offering free phone service for at least as long as the equipment warranty. I joined a few days after the next to last software update 2.9 came out and my iphone is on ios 12.4.1. I will not upgrade to 13.1.2 or Arlo's 2.9.1 until after a few months to make sure all the kinks are worked out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As yet, Arlo has never charged for phone support, even out of warranty. The text is basically a copy and paste from old Netgear verbiage but has never been enforced. That could change down the road but it's not in effect now.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As yet, Arlo has never charged for phone support, even out of warranty. The text is basically a copy and paste from old Netgear verbiage but has never been enforced. That could change down the road but it's not in effect now.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation