Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Some customers in Australia and New Zealand regions may be experiencing problems with live streaming and motion recordings not saved to library. We are working to resolve this issue, please see status.arlo.com for the latest information.

Arlo Camera recommendation to monitor training rooms/classroom?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BDukes24
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been researching products for my company for a while now and came across Arlo.  I was looking for someone that had a similiar scenerio as mine but haven't been able to find any post related.  My company is wanting to have the training rooms monitored.  That sounds easy enough, but they want much more than that.  They are asking for a solution that would allow:

1) Live Monitoring of multiple locations

2) Playback of recordings 

3) 2 way audio

4) Possibilites of recordings being used as video messages.

Would Arlo be a good solution for all those request?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"It depends." (TM)

You can use live viewing at any time but the cameras are not designed for continuous streaming and will time out after 30 minutes.  Playback is no problem but the 2-way audio could be since the speakers in the cameras are not highly powered. It depends on what you would need that audio for as to whether it's acceptable. Also, if you wanted to send video messages, you'd have to download the video and attach it. There could be other ways to accomplish this such as sharing a link to the video but again, it depends.

BDukes24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a Arlo camera that would work better for streaming?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd recommend one of two Arlo cameras for this:

1) The Q camera is AC-powered but won't stream continuously unless you add the CVR (continuous video recording) option. You could then use CVR to strem.

2) The Baby camera will stream continuously. The downside is that it looks a bit silly, like a bunny. You can remove the ears but then it looks like a snowman.

Use the product selection at the top here to compare them.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation