Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera Mount for Drain Pipe?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pete71
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a four camera Arlo Pro 2 system, and have used the external mount to fix the cameras to my wall, by drilling into the wall.   While I was installing the cameras, I thought that it would be a good idea if a mount was available that would clamp onto a drainpipe / downpipe (see photo).   I searched on Google but couldn't find anything, so does anyone know if such a thing exists ?  I was convinced there must be something available, but I can't find it.

Can I attach the camera to the drainpipe instead ?Can I attach the camera to the drainpipe instead ?

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@Pete71

The picture hasn't been approved yet, but could you either drill holes into an automobile hose clamp and attach the camera mount to that and tighten the clamp around the drain pipe or use some long cable ties and feed them through the screw holes in the mount?

Brian

Pete71
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I thought about trying to make something myself, but also thought there must be something available off the shelf, and was surprised when I couldn't find anything.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I'm sure I've seen one before for a different camera system but can't for the life of me find it now

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation