Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
spw1274
Aspirant
Aspirant

For years, i have had Arlo in my home. Some of my cameras were the original, some were Arlo Pro and the system worked fine. This weekend i bought a new base station (VMB400) with 2 new Arlo 2 Pro cameras. I removed the original base from my devices which deleted all my cameras. When i plugged in the new base to my router and tried to connect it, it can't see it and connect. The power light is green, the network light is green and the camera light is amber. I have done everything included a factory reset. I also contacted my internet provider to open some ports which didn't help. I tried to install the original base and the exact same result, same lights but not connection. Any thoughts on possible solutions?

8 REPLIES 8
Dannybear
Master
Master
When you removed the original base station, did you perform a factory reset that removes the serial detail from your account?
When you connected the new base were you able to claim it?
Performing factory resets has a specific procedure that needs to be followed, it is not a simple reset by momentarily pushing once.
If you’re not getting anywhere you may need to contact genuine arlo support to do something from their end.
Hope this helps.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The amber Camera LED means the base needs to be claimed. If you reset by holding the reset button until the LEDs flashed amber, that would clear the Camera LED but you would still need to claim the base by using the Add Device selection on the Devices tab.

spw1274
Aspirant
Aspirant

So when i removed the inital base, i did not do a factory reset but all cameras and the base appeared to be removed from my account. When i installed the new base, i was not able to claim the base to my account. i have performed several factory resets on the new base with no change. Interestingly though, I have tried to connect the original base to my account but it won't see it. I have also done factory resets on the original as well. I have contacted Arlo suppport and they suggested my router was the problem, but after calling my internet service provider we ruled that out. Arlo support now thinks the base is faulty but that doesn't explain why the old base can't be claimed. Finally i thought maybe there was a problem with my account, so when at the arlo website, i selected new "new to Arlo" and it still can't add the new base.....Off to the store to return my equipment, hopefully new equipment will be the answer. Thanks for your time

Dannybear
Master
Master
I hope to build upon your experience you have posted here.
I have a new base that’s just arrived and will try to add it as a second base to the account and cut over to it before removing the original. Sad to see your system has been bricked.
spw1274
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update, went to the big box store and returned the base and two cameras. Brought back a new unit, plugged it in, same issue. Power light green, network light green, camera light amber. Click on the app to add  the base station and it can't find it or see it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What device are you using to try to claim the base? Have you tried both the app and a computer browser?

spw1274
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both, first with the app then with my laptop. Same situation with both.

spw1274
Aspirant
Aspirant

Final update. After exhausting customer service support, my ISP assigned a static IP address to the base station and now everything is connecting/working well 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation