Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ONepenthe
Follower
Follower

MY Arlo Pro 2 base station is currently co-located in the same cabinet with my CenturyLink ActionTec C1000A modem.  For some time now, I've experienced frequent disconnects with my internet and am wondering if the base station might be a source of the interference with the modem.  

I also use a WINK Z-Wave Plus router (used for my Schlage locks) located in the same room, but some 15-20 feet from my ActionTec modem.  My question to the community is: Can I connect my ARLO base station to the WINK hub via ethernet cable in the new location, thus potentially reducing interference?  Please keep in mind I'm not well-versed in all things network-related.  

ONepenthe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ONepenthe wrote:

My question to the community is: Can I connect my ARLO base station to the WINK hub via ethernet cable in the new location, thus potentially reducing interference?  

I'm not sure.  But I think that connection is intended to connect the Wink Hub to your ActionTec.  If I'm right, you won't be able to connect the Arlo base to the Wink.

But what you can do is purchase a 20 foot ethernet cable, and move the base to the same location as the Wink (using the longer cable to connect the base to the ActionTec).

@ONepenthe wrote:

For some time now, I've experienced frequent disconnects with my internet and am wondering if the base station might be a source of the interference with the modem.  

This is possible, especially if the base is very close.  Note it wouldn't disconnect the WiFi - but it could interfere with the ActionTec WiFi (and the router WiFi might also interfere with the base station).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ONepenthe wrote:

My question to the community is: Can I connect my ARLO base station to the WINK hub via ethernet cable in the new location, thus potentially reducing interference?  

I'm not sure.  But I think that connection is intended to connect the Wink Hub to your ActionTec.  If I'm right, you won't be able to connect the Arlo base to the Wink.

But what you can do is purchase a 20 foot ethernet cable, and move the base to the same location as the Wink (using the longer cable to connect the base to the ActionTec).

@ONepenthe wrote:

For some time now, I've experienced frequent disconnects with my internet and am wondering if the base station might be a source of the interference with the modem.  

This is possible, especially if the base is very close.  Note it wouldn't disconnect the WiFi - but it could interfere with the ActionTec WiFi (and the router WiFi might also interfere with the base station).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation