Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base Internet LED Turns Green, Amber, Green, Amber, Green, Amber......

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dkmgs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have purchased the Arlo Pro2 (VMB4000) set with 3 cameras and assumed it to be rather "plug and play". It´s not....

I have read a lot in the forum and tried everything: rebooting both base and router, re-installing etc. 

My issue however I could not find described anywhere: When I turn on the base the power LED will turn green (ok), the Internet LED also turns green, but only for 90 seconds, then it turns amber for 90 seconds, then green again and then amber on and on.....

Now, I have opened the recommed ports, 443 and 80, tested in DMZ, no change. I have spend 6-7 hours trying and trying. Once in a while I can get the base connected, but it dissapears again imediately. I can see the base in my routers (Zyxel) configuration. Does any of you have had the same experience, or even better know what to try out in order to fix it? Appreciate any hints before I want to send it back..

Regards, Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dkmgs
Aspirant
Aspirant

You were right, thanks. I could not leave it. It turned out that there were two devices with same IP address assigned to the router. The NAS and the base., one static one with DHCP. Turned off the NAS and then it all worked perfectly! Now I just need to link the NAS again in another way 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd bet that th eissue is in the router but you'd have to try a different router (at a friend's house?) to prove it. Just take th ebase with you and see if the same behavious happens or not.

dkmgs
Aspirant
Aspirant

You were right, thanks. I could not leave it. It turned out that there were two devices with same IP address assigned to the router. The NAS and the base., one static one with DHCP. Turned off the NAS and then it all worked perfectly! Now I just need to link the NAS again in another way 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation