Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor

So I noticed a few days ago that my app has started deleting all videos in my library prior to the current day. For example, I have only had motion on camera once today. When I went into the app, I have no saved video for previous 6 days. For reference, I was part of the group that was recently impacted by the Arlo app picking up motion but not storing on the free 7 day library in app. That issue was resolved but thought I would point out that the app was struggling recently and I was a user that was impacted in case the two issues are related.

31 REPLIES 31
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Roodzac,

Which version of the Arlo app do you have installed on your phone? Which version of iOS is installed on your device?

Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
I have Arlo 3.5.8 and iOS version 15.0.2

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try iOS 15.1 and test again.

Thank you

Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
I upgraded to the latest iOS and that is 15.1 not 15.2. I will have to wait until tomorrow to see if the app deleted todays videos or not.
Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
Ok….I went into the app this morning and sure enough, it deleted all of yesterdays videos. My iOS and app are up to date too.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Just to clarify, all your videos are being deleted from your library after the 7th day/recordings?

Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
No. When I get a new video for the day, I open my app to look at the notification. I click library and the date displayed is the previous day however there are no videos. I then click on the current day and see my videos.

Example- Today, November 17, I got a notification of motion at my back door at 1am. I opened the app and clicked on library. The date it took me to was November 16, however, all videos for November 16 were gone even though yesterday I know I had several videos from throughout the day. I then click November 17, to see the motion video from 1am. For today, November 17, I have roughly 15 video clips of different motion it has picked up so far for the day. When I click the previous 6 days of my free 7 days, there is no longer any videos.

All to say, I am literally only able to see the current day videos because as soon as the next day starts, the videos are gone.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does the same occur over the web browser as well?

Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
I wasn’t aware there was a web browser option. I will try to locate the website to login and view my videos and see what it is displaying.
Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
It appears you have to have a subscription to view cameras and recordings from the web browser? Every time I click the view cameras option it forces me to the app.
dcfox1
Master
Master

The web page is my.arlo.com The same for the most part as the app. 

Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
Yea I tried to access it and the main page is all about adding a subscription. When I click to view my cameras it says open app or cancel.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Roodzac

Is this from a PC or your phone? Can you please check the web browser version on a desktop/laptop.

Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
Ok I tried it out on computer. Library on the computer displays todays videos and still displays yesterdays videos. The previous 5 day’s videos prior to yesterday aren’t displayed.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you for the update!
Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
Well Shayne, the problem persists. This morning, I expected my normal delete the previous day but show current day. Now, the dreaded “motion notification” on camera pops up but no video in library issue has started again. This is the same problem multiple users including myself had a month or so ago. The problem of videos deleting has manifested into full on no videos at all even though there is motion. Multiple users figured out on that issue that deleting their doorbell fixed the issue but y’all put out a patch. Please help….I can’t get any video now.
Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
I added a photo of the issue….claims Arlo team working on it. Fingers crossed.
15A22A67-83DE-43EB-B7F2-28F69B1FAE08.png
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Roodzac

The issue with the missing library videos was just resolved, your videos should now be visible in the library 

Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
As of this moment I still have zero videos in my library even after several motions on today alone.
Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
Ok I now have two videos that just occurred from motion in my library. All previous days and all videos from this morning did not show up however. My hope is after today the videos will not delete.
Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
Mr. Shayne, I just wanted you to know that my app continues deleting the previous days videos. The original issue that started this whole thread persists.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Roodzac

Thank you for the update, I am still working with the Development team to resolve this ASAP.

Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
I really appreciate that!
Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation