Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App Shows Disarmed, Website Shows Armed Per Schedule

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
svAndiamo
Initiate
Initiate

Checked in on my system this evening from bed, and found it reporting "Disarmed" on my Android app (latest as of 11/27/2018) despite the fact the mode on the system is set to 'Schedule' and my schedule has no disarmed timeframes. When I go to the website, I find all is well and the system is armed to the scheduled task.

It seems this app error is regular, and disconcerting as it makes it appear the system is not working as it should - and unfortunately, it's both impractical and inconvenient to find a computer/browser to double check status frequently.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

8 REPLIES 8
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@svAndiamo wrote:

Checked in on my system this evening from bed, and found it reporting "Disarmed" on my Android app (latest as of 11/27/2018) despite the fact the mode on the system is set to 'Schedule' and my schedule has no disarmed timeframes. When I go to the website, I find all is well and the system is armed to the scheduled task.

It seems this app error is regular, and disconcerting as it makes it appear the system is not working as it should - and unfortunately, it's both impractical and inconvenient to find a computer/browser to double check status frequently.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

I would additionally worry that you don't really know which of those to sources is offering the correct information as to your camera systems actual status, unless you have confirmation via activity and recordings.

svAndiamo
Initiate
Initiate
Agreed, though I can say the recording records do indicate the system was armed despite the Android app stating otherwise.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@svAndiamo wrote:
Agreed, though I can say the recording records do indicate the system was armed despite the Android app stating otherwise.

Ok.  That's your confirmation.  Sounds like the Android app is indeed the culprit.

Roadkingdfw
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having to same issue with the iPhone opposed to the website. Phone app Mode tells me it’s disarmed. But when I click to open the schedule, it tells me it’s armed. The website Mode tells me it’s armed, and that matches when I look at the schedule. Therefore, the phone app disagrees with itself. My solution was to delete the phone app, and only use a desktop or iPad to review the setting. It’s an inconvenience not to trust the phone app. Hopefully Netgear will figure it out someday.
GDJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I encountered this same issue this morning with the Pro and my iPhone 8.  According to the schedule, everything should be armed until 6AM; iPhone app says system is disarmed per schedule, website says system is armed per schedule.  So I took a walk by my cameras and no videos, so the system is not armed.....and probably hasn't been for who knows how long.  

This is so disheartening to think the system is keeping an eye on things overnight and then find out it is not.  Has anyone found a fix?  I've checked the time zone settings and all in in order.  I also have the latest version of the app.

Dannybear
Master
Master
In the absence of anyone who knows what is going on and that arlo support is your only other option, I suggest that the firmware in the base is running amok and altering settings.
As the settings values are changed without intent, they never get synced to the server so you only find out that it has changed when you open the App to get the base status.
It is likely that the web browser only looks at the server status rather than the base status until it has to sync, thus the difference you see.
I must point out that this is just speculation on my part having to deal with this everyday day with my base station.
GDJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Quick update on my problem and a possible solution.  I contacted support and their guidance was to reboot the base station; I did so and it had no effect on the problem.  After watching the system and pinpointing when it went haywire, I think I may have figured out the issue.  My nighttime schedule was set to arm from 9PM-12AM and from 12AM-6AM; and it would was always be disarmed when I woke up.  I changed the late night schedule to 9PM-11:59PM (and left the 12:00AM-6:00AM portion the same) and it has been following the schedule correctly for 48 hours now.  The statuses of the app and webpage are in sync and the cameras are activated when triggered.  The only thing I can figure is that having one schedule end and another begin at the same time confused the system.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It used to be that you had to stop at 11:59PM and start at 12:00AM but it was then changed so you had to use 12:00AM for both so you didn't lose that minute of protection. It's now been changed back to the original scheme - anyone with only 12:00AM for stop and start should change their schedule so it works properly again.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation