Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App - Can't Arm system from mobile network

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Caty-did
Star
Star

I have an Arlo Pro 2 system with Base Station and 8 cameras. Additionally, I have Arlo Smart Premier. In just the last week or so, when attempting to Arm or Disarm my system from my mobile device, I have an issue. The app seems laggy, after some time will show my cameras "offline", or will require that I sign in (again), or just times out and won't do anything. I'll check on my spouse's phone (also Android), and get the same thing.  After 15 minutes signing in/out, closing app, etc., it will eventually allow me to Arm the system. If I'm close enough to the house and can pick up my wifi, it seems to work much better so the problem is worse when on a mobile network. 

I don't see any issue when using my computer (on my home network) - no lag, quick to respond. 

I see there's been an update to the app and applied that to one of our two Android phones, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference to connectivity... And ideas what the problem might be, and how to fix it? 

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ Caty-did

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation