Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

S2fun
Initiate
Initiate

I just purchased arlo pro 2. When trying to get into mode using iOS, I do not have options, it just says “getting information”....  My friend has a arlo pro and is able to go to modes, and has pencil for editing...I don’t have that option at all.  

158 REPLIES 158
JJR2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue - even logging into the website - the "disarmed" setting is grey'd out - it keeps you in "armed" which does not have a setting to turn off emails.  I'm getting hundreds of emails.

EV1LEMP1RE
Initiate
Initiate
I've tried on multiple android phones and tablet and it doesn't show a mode, just device and library. On the browser theres a mode tag but when I try to click on the armed button nothing happens and the bubble is just stuck on disarm.
officialuseonly
Guide
Guide
my Base Station model is VMB4000r3 - but the autofil section only gives the lower model.  
HW Version: VMB4000r3
Serial Number: 4R047871A9263
Firmware:1.10.0.9_23037

I too have this issue, now, but I did not prior.  I just updated to the Arlo Pro system.  I previously had the model below, worked like a charm and was able to schedule my monitoring events and use the geolocate option flawlessly.  It's obvious by this thread that this is and will continue to be an ongoing issue.  You only have two courses of action, either get on their worthless online chat, or leave a long winded rant here, hoping they review the topic and accept the feedback.

1.  I can not access my new base station via my iOS app.  It is stuck on the "getting information" issue and I have completed all the listed troubleshooting options throughout this forum thread.
2.  I can though, access my base station via the webpage browser.  I can select the MODE option, but can not switch it from ARMED to anything else, nor can I update or change anything under Scheduled times.  Nothing will update after you save it
3.  I can NOT edit my cameras under the ARMED option (via the webpage access).  It gives you the illusion you are making changes, but it will not update or save anything via whatever cloud server or saved settings format they use.  It would help out alot if I could turn off the annoying email alerts.  I also can not change the recording options, time, etc for any camera.

This is such a let down from a promising security camera system.  I just dumped roughly $600 on extra cables, mounts, and the cameras to be held up by such a bug with whatever the most recent update did or didnt do.

DEAR ARLO and it's tech support - PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!!

Azhome
Initiate
Initiate

Same here. did you ever find a solution ?

ashbakernz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yup I have the same problem after buying four units. This is very annoying does anyone know a fix for this?

J_T_S
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having set up yesterday as a new user in the app when I go to “Mode Tab - my Devices” it always shows as “Getting information”. Can anyone suggest why please - seems I need to access this area but since yesterday I can’t. Thanks
yourethegoose
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have you tried removing the device (base unit) from your account then re-adding?
Flyveren
Initiate
Initiate

On my phone - the whole tab that include the ARM or DISARM is not there.

And from a web it is impossible to disarm.

Seems that this has been a problem since the system was new.

The Arlo Pro team is not able to fix this?

Mondata
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed Arlo Pro yesterday after getting replacement of the same product which stopped working. After installing it, the Mode tab is no longer in the app. How do I get the Mode tab on my Android phone? I did forced stop the app and log back in but still the Mode tab is still missing. I have read the posting on the Arlo Community but I could not find the real solution. Please help.

Thanks.

ario
Aspirant
Aspirant

This Arlo affair seems to be a total mess. The base station is stuck in 'getting information' for two days now (which is the total number of days I have the system installed) which means I cannot change the notification emails which are driving me crazy. And yes, I tried to change it online on the website, and it looks as I did but in two seconds the selection goes back to where it was and the flow of emails is drowning me. I'm desperately trying to use the chat option and I cannot. It looks fine but when i click 'continue' nothing comes up. Is life with Arlo this complicated? 

Auntylu300
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just installed 2 Arlo cameras. The mode keeps saying getting formation. I’ve restartes the base and reinstalled the app. I can only see live if I click on it, I can’t set recording time or anything else than live feed. Help please!
ptebor
Initiate
Initiate

Same here, I have rebooted the base unit but still stuck. 

Slanier
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just got this and Modes icon does not show on my Android phone, nor my wife's Pixel phone. I saw a comment on 5/10/18 in community where they say they have fixed the Android app problem. I don't think so
OmeshInani
Aspirant
Aspirant
I installed Arlo Pro yesterday with 3 cameras. (I had bought the package almost a year ago, but did not install it until now. The firmware did seem to upgrade on install.) I am getting a barrage of notifications on my phone---an Android/Samsung Note8. I do not see the ability to stop push notifications.. There is no Mode button at all. On my desktop, I see "Mode", but when I edit a rule, uncheck push notification, and Save, it does not seem to do anything. The Save button remains green, as if it has not been saved.. When I go back and try editing again, it shows that push notification is still checked. I have spent 2 hours trying to figure this out: on the app, on the desktop, and in the community.. I have muted the notifications on my phone so it does not make a sound, but it is still getting them.
mariusavr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, my app does not allow me to go to modes. On the mode tab, it only shows my base station with “gathering information” and not any of my 4 cameras. How can i fix this?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Check to make sure your system is up to date with the latest available firmware (see here: Firmware Release Notes) The development team is currently investigating these reports. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

TON911
Aspirant
Aspirant

There are 92 comments of people having the same issue.

It says Problem solved. But the solution offered is to contact the support team.

It is impossible to get connected to Chat and somehow I can also not send a mail.

What do I need to do to solve this problem?

ptebor
Initiate
Initiate

So I just spoke to tech support - the lastest Iphone update is NOT compatible with their app. They are working on it, could be a week.....SMH 

AS63
Aspirant
Aspirant
My device, Mode, constantly displaying “Getting information
Iammadison
Aspirant
Aspirant
I installed my second router with three camera yesterday, brand new. And it’s having the same issue. My original set at home is just fine though...
mikelange1974
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchase Arlo Pro 2 system with 2 cameras.  One camera has really crisp qualit video and the second one is fuzzy comapred to the other one.   I set them up side by side and one is clearly better.    Any way to tell if one is 720 vs 1080p?  

AS63
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is the Arlo Pro 2 - 3 camera too. Tried turning of the base station and then re-starting again after reading some advise on the forum but this hasn’t worked. Did the same with my router.
What has really put me off the camera’s are how difficult it is to get any customer support.
Iammadison
Aspirant
Aspirant
Gotcha. I think the issue is with the base station or app and not necessarily with the camera. Let me know if you get ahold of a customer service number.
rcrser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased today.  When I select mode it just says getting information.  I see some folks saying to remove everything and start over.  My cameras are up high and not easily accessible to resync, so I'm hoping there is another solution.  With all the people having this problem, I would expect someone from netgear to weigh in on this with a proper solution.

SP2117
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just started up an Arlo system. The cameras and base station all came up as expected. When I go to the Mode tab in the app, it just shows the base station. It says Getting Information and will not do anything else, except when I reset the base station. Then it says Offline. It's been about 24 hours since I first started it up. It seems like that should be a long enough time to Get Information. Is there anything else I need to do to complete the setup?