Arlo 2 constantly showing offline

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
LLSH
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station has a blue light but in the app all cameras and base station are showing as offline. This happens constantlyyyyyyyyy with this model lately and it is very frustrating! Seems to happen always at night and afternoon. Any help please? Internet connection etc all fine. Distance fine. 

4 REPLIES 4
Maxxeman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with a Pro 3s and a smart hub, with 8 cameras offline!

I tried reset, and re-loading the hub and it will not update firmware and is still offline , (showing as a solid blue) first time I have had a problem in over 4 years.

Interested in a solution?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

There was a major service outage, but my own system is working normally now.

Try also restarting the app (or maybe try my.arlo.com from a PC) if you are still seeing off-line status.

LLSH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: it seems this model is due for end of life on July 1, 2023 so I’m guessing this has something to do with it? Does anyone know please - once EOL has occurred is that really it? There’s nothing you can do but buy new cameras? No help from Arlo to get a discounted product upgrade? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you've read the emails about EOL and/or the documents here you'll note that the cameras don't stop working. They won't get updates (but there haven't been any in quite some time anyway) and eventually new hardware and software won't support them but for the foreseeable future nothing changes.

https://kb.arlo.com/000063018/Arlo-Legacy-Cameras-End-of-Life

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation