Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 2 activity zones

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Desertredd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello-

I set up my Arlo 2 cameras on power allowing me to set up activity zones. I then repositioned my cameras (slightly). Now the old image from my original camera view shows up on the activity zone screen...not the new view.

Can anybody help so I can adjust the zones to the new view of the cameras?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

About all you can try is to clear the app cache in the phone settings for the app, restart the phone and/or log out and back in.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use of a browser gives you a refresh button to push. For the app, try using the Rotate 180 degrees selection in the Video Settings for the camera.

Desertredd
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was able to update the zones using the browser- it showed the current camera image.

However, the app still shows the old image when I pull up zones.

180 flip did nothing.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

About all you can try is to clear the app cache in the phone settings for the app, restart the phone and/or log out and back in.

Desertredd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Logging out and back in on app worked. Thx.
FlCottage
Star
Star

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue. This morning, I was going to change the activity zone for an Arlo Pro camera overlooking my car on a busy street.  The activity zones are gone and the Arlo Pro 2 has the statement that you will need to plug your camera in to use activity zones.  Is the recent firmware upgrade the cause?  It seems to be a downgrade if the firmware change is the cause. This account has the Arlo Smart features.  I have another account without the Arlo Smart and the activity zones are still available.

Just when I think I have almost perfected everything, something changes or malfunctions.  Arlo - can you look into this or shed some light on this for me.  Perhaps, I am missing something.. Thanks

Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm having the same issue with Smart & activity zones. Been onto support numerous times to no avail, just go round in circles. One of my cameras dropped off the Smart feature and had to purchase Smart again which charged me Tax, only a small amount but shouldn't be charging me for something I've already paid for. I've raised a case with support but heard no resolution to a refund or indeed a Smart fix. I won't bother with Smart again as it's totally useless and a SCAM!
FlCottage
Star
Star

What has happened to Activity Zones with Arlo Smart Subscription? There was a recent Firmware Upgrade which seems to have downgraded the system. Activity Zones are no longer available.  I am also getting the old message that the Arlo Pro 2 camera should be "plugged in" to use activity zones.  This only seems to be happening with the Arlo Smart subscription. Can anyone shed some light on why the free version has working activity zones and the paid version has lost the feature? Both systems seem to have the same firmware version.

FlCottage
Star
Star

I paid for the Smart Subscription which worked until the few days. Activity Zones has disappeared from Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 tells me I must plug in the camera. I upgraded the IOS app today and now I cannot edit the recording option times, etc. and it is telling me to upgrade in order to record.  WHAT GIVES????  Now I have in total 10 cameras and 6 on the Smart Subscription that don't record and there is no Activity Zones.  

I tried everything including restarting the base station.  This all seems to have begun with the most recent firmware upgrade.  I basically have NO Security at this point.  This is my 3rd attempt to find out what is going on and how to resolve this serious situation.

Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice
I had 1 troublesome Smart enabled camera. The 1st time I contacted support they suggested resubscribing all required Smart cameras again. This did work for a day and then dropped out again. It's since happened again and I've resubscribed again. All seems to to be ok now since the app update yesterday weirdly and no stupid "connect to ac" errors YET! Not sure if it happened to you too but the app and PC would be out of sync?!
But.....................in resubscribing it did charge me a few pence each time I know that's not alot but in principle you shouldn't have to for something you've already paid for and clearly didn't work properly. I've been onto support for a refund but they just kept spinning me around in circles about it. SUPPORT IS ABSOLUTE RUBBISH, THEY DONT HAVE A SCOOBY DOO! AMATEURS!
I hope this helps to resubscribe to Smart again.
FlCottage
Star
Star
I tried unsubscribing to smart and resubscribing which gave me 1/2 a year credit and then charged me a full year. That did not work. I’m still being told I need to plug-in Arlo pro 2 camera And activity zones are still not appearing on the Arlo pro cameras. This is extremely frustrating as well as leaving us Without the comfort of the cameras we paid so much for. Not to mention the constant Glitches, changing the batteries and time invested, etc. And all without any feedback instructions from the company...How do we get our service back the way it was prior to your firmware upgrade, app upgrade all which seem to be downgrades and without notice About all these changes in advance.
greenweenie
Star
Star

Replaced 4 Pro's for Pro 2's for a total of 14 cameras - Set up activity zones and immediately could tell I was having issues as in activity with no recording, one camera recording while the second (set as rule) would not. Reboot base station did not help. As soon as I deleted the zones all seems back to normal. I lived through the nighmares of 2 years ago with the first H7's hardware / firmware issues but all seemed resolved until now. I'm re-living the frustrations of days in the past - You know there is an issue so FIX IT - I need my zones to work 

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation