Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Paulmidi
Guide
Guide

I just connected The solar panel to my camera yesterday the sun was already down now today it’s not sunny and all gloomy and raining my question is does it have to be sunny in order for this thing to charge? And when it does charge will it stay at 100%? It was at 100% when I connected it yesterday thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a PS;

From testing , the Solar panel usu onlu charge for about 3 hrs before to 3 hrs after high noon on good days... you can tell due tho the "lighting bolt" icon on the battery.... at other times, you will still see the lighting bolt but the charge output is so little that it has no effect in the real world.

PPS: quick rule of thumb is that the angle placement of the solar panel is aprox the same angle as your positional latitude

so for example, if in NY is latitude is 40.x, the best angle for the solar panel is 40 degrees

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@Paulmidi,

if it is cloudy, rainy and gloomey, typically the solar panels won't charge the cameras, but on overcast days sometimes they will charge, but slowly. My cameras, depending on the number of recordings, typically lose about 5% per day, so you needen't worry too much. I have had mine up for over two years and have never had any problems even after several gloomy days.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a PS;

From testing , the Solar panel usu onlu charge for about 3 hrs before to 3 hrs after high noon on good days... you can tell due tho the "lighting bolt" icon on the battery.... at other times, you will still see the lighting bolt but the charge output is so little that it has no effect in the real world.

PPS: quick rule of thumb is that the angle placement of the solar panel is aprox the same angle as your positional latitude

so for example, if in NY is latitude is 40.x, the best angle for the solar panel is 40 degrees

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation