Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 2 - Problems With Iphone App v2.7.0

Discussion stats
daytonaviolet
Guide
Guide

I just installed Arlo v2.7.0 on my iphone XS Max runing ios12.  The moment i click on a camera and view it live the entire phone FREEZES?  One would think that Arlo verified this revision before releasing it on the Apple App Store.

When can we expect an update version?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@tone_trainer wrote:

I have resolved the issue by upgrading iOS to 12.1.2.

All working fine now and no hanging!

That is only available for iPhones.  12.1.1 is the latest version of iOS for iPads.

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
steveli
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo App was starting to be frozen on my Iphone XSMax this morning (1/8/2019). I was working fine yesterday but was getting to freeze this morning. I have to turn off my iphone completely to get my iphone working again. Once you hit the live streaming button on the screen, it get freezed.  Need help to resolve this problem ASAP.

ChrisFNP
Tutor
Tutor
I'm really worried by quality of app development. Especially Android App looks like it was written by 15 yo who is learning how to code.
steveli
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found the frozen was started after my App was updated to version 2.7.0

Cyzek86
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, after my phone (iPhone Xs Max) automatically upgraded Arlo app to version 2.7 , it became completely unusable! Not only it is not responsive but it freezes the whole phone (reset is required). How is that possible for a vendor providing a security and baby monitoring (!) solutions for a substantial price? Stability should be a priority !
Please fix ASAP as my baby monitor becomes useless now.
boltentwins
Guide
Guide

There should be public beta testing. So when the final version is release we will not have so many bugs.  I like the new update a lot of good changes but introduced new bugs.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@daytonaviolet wrote:

I just installed Arlo v2.7.0 on my iphone XS Max runing ios12.  The moment i click on a camera and view it live the entire phone FREEZES?  One would think that Arlo verified this revision before releasing it on the Apple App Store.

When can we expect an update version?

I am experiencing tremendous difficulties with our devices as well.  iPhone X and XS and 11" iPad Pro & iPad Air 2.

The app crashes.  It takes 40 seconds to 2 minutes for the initial screen to populate and allow scrolling on our iPads.  It is a bit faster on the iPhones, but still problematic.  On the Air 2, my wife can no longer see the images in the Library.  They all show up as frames with a swirling circle in the middle.  I can touch them and see the video, but the thumbnails don't show up.  Eventually the app crashes.

Arlo, you have shot us and yourself in the foot again.  You were just starting to recover from the October 20th fiasco and now this!

Sierra1
Initiate
Initiate

2.7.0 was updated on iphone6 and ipad2 system keeps freezing app, then when does start it shuts down app after 10 sec. iPhone version 12.1.2 iPad 12.1.1 any help please.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Try deleting the App and re-install.. Also, try logging out the Account under Profile and log back in.. See if it helps..

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is it possible to update to the latest IOS & test again?

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero
I am on the latest versions of iOS. 12.1.1 for iPads. 12.1.2 for iPhones.
Sierra1
Initiate
Initiate
Prodigy
Thanks for info deleted app reinstall, log in log out still having issues going dark then shutting down after a few minutes.
daytonaviolet
Guide
Guide
Ios12.1 ans iOS12.1.2 fixes esim issues as well x5 phone issues . These have no effect on arlo 2.7 freezing issues.
daytonaviolet
Guide
Guide
I don’t think arlo has ever tested this 2.7 version on the phone iOS12 which is pathetic. If this continues to occur, I’m returning my arlo pro2 back to Costco. I currently have nest doorbell, smoke detector and thermostats and I never experienced issues like this. I’ll stick around for a few days to see if this gets resolved in a timely manner. Else .. nest cameras here I come 😇
stuckpipe
Tutor
Tutor

I have 15 cameras on Arlo 2.7 and it crashes every time I open it on the iPad. Once a single camera is refreshed, the whole screen locks up. The last 6 cameras all have black screens with forward arrows and tries to update but crashes. Captured photos pop up with “This video not able to play because your device doesn’t support HEVC form. Please play it on a different device. Got it.” The menu buttons are offset look like a amateur programmer made the display up. The iPad and iPhone are worthless and just waste my time.  Also, one ArloQ camera show strong battery and single but unable to connect. The PC version seems to be stable, also v2.7.  Get fixed please. I really feel sorry for all the new Christmas buyers. Support Desk had no clue.

tone_trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem and have tried the same remedies..

Its not the first time either, very buggy app at the moment.

Logging into Arlo in browser is absolutely fine..

Tony

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Am experiencing the same.. For now, the only alternative is accessing it thru web or if you can go back to previous working version of the App.. We all just have to wait for the talented Arlo Engineers to polish these bugs.. It could take a few weeks or months.. I recommend from time to time check back on any update on their App store to download and maybe we get lucky for a fix..  Sadly, that's how it is with this company.. 

stuckpipe
Tutor
Tutor

Just tried to take a snapshot on my iPad, the icons are missing to do it?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@stuckpipe

"Just tried to take a snapshot on my iPad, the icons are missing to do it?"

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@stuckpipe wrote:

Just tried to take a snapshot on my iPad, the icons are missing to do it?

Though not quite as good, a workaround, of course, is to take a screenshot.  It won’t be in your library, but at least you will have the photo.

Frankj57
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just recently (past three days) my arlo app behaves erratically. When I log on some mini screens come up black and the app ends up crashing after I load up a live screen.. I have 10 cameras, and 3 lights so when I log on not all the preview screens fit on my IPad. The only pattern I can discern is that the 3 cameras that dont fit on the screen are black when I scroll down. However, sometimes they all go black then the app crashes. This does not happen all the time and sometimes everything comes up and works fine. It also behaves erratic on my IPhone 8. The app worked fine for several months preceding this and Ive not made any changes to anything. Ive tried restarting everything including my router and I reloaded the app. Any suggestions?

paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo's race to CES with more hardware and their flawless 2.7 release ... the 15 year olds are back in charge. Just no way anyone could be testing these releases. ... takes forever to load, freezes, thumbnails black. and crashed. Did I say it crashes. Just par for the course for Arlo and their amateurish software Team.
AshleaStead
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since Arlo App update last week Arlo app continuously crashes, loses internet connectivity and won’t allow me to login due to apparently “no internet connection”
Had to get up at 2am the other night and sneak into babies room in the dark to turn it on and off at the PowerPoint and then magically it started working again. Anyone else currently having the same issues???
stuckpipe
Tutor
Tutor

Here is another programming error. On the iPhone, the close window button (upper right corner) on a live full screen is covered by the Alarm arm button. Arlo I guess doesn’t have time to check the improvements they make. 

El_do33
Aspirant
Aspirant
Amazing is this similar issue happened on the previous version 2.6 too and it happend again.

Iehat good is cameras if live feed is unusuable??.

Where Is the PREVIOUS VERSION so i can go back?? Seriously.!!!!!
Discussion stats