Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 2 Pro won't sync with w/base station

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FredPortier
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought an Arlo Pro 2 with two camera's. After folowing the steps in the manual, the first camaera won't sync with the base station. Tried several things, sync with the app, tried to sync on my laptop but nothing works.

Also removed the base station from my app and re-installed again

The weird thing is that the manual is saying that power LED and Internet LED on the front of the base station should light green but on mine is lighting yellow.

Can somebody please help!!!

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Power up the base and then do a full reset of the base ( hold in the reset for about 10 secs till the leds flash amber )

wait about 2 mins to fully reboot, the power led shoulf be green and then plug in the etherent cable... try to claim the base by the ADD DEVICE on main screen....add cameras last

BTW, is it a new purchase or was used ?  If used, the prior owner should have remove the base from their account or the base will be a paperweight  to you ( you can't claim it )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
FredPortier
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac

It was a new purchase.

Actually I tried something from somebody else.  I used the USB connection cable between the base station and the camera and was able to sync it, so all is working well now. Both cameras are working.

Weird that this is something you need to find out yourself after hours of trying.

Hope is Arlo is reading this and can add this to their "user manual"

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation