Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 2 Base station off line model vcs3000c

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RogerAS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought this system on August 28th.  Got it working on the 29th.  Everything seemed to work when I went to bed.  On the 30th I believe there was a firmware upgrade and now the base station says it is offline.  Firmware 1.12.2.4_2773.  Arlo doesn't have my base station model listed which I find disturbing that there own website isn't up todate.  My base station model is VMB3500r4.  I disconnected the power to the base station, hit the reset button and to know avail.  I pulled the battery out of one of the camera and tried to pair the camera with the base station.  All of this is sitting in my living room which shouldn't matter because it worked on the 29th.  Best I can tell you is the base station off line

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The 3500 model ( round cylinder) is an changed 3000... So most info on the 3000 applies.

Unpower the unit then re plug in....to reset it requires holding in the reset for about 10 secs till the led flashes... Let it reboot foe about 2 mins... Then claim the base as if new, add cameras.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The 3500 model ( round cylinder) is an changed 3000... So most info on the 3000 applies.

Unpower the unit then re plug in....to reset it requires holding in the reset for about 10 secs till the led flashes... Let it reboot foe about 2 mins... Then claim the base as if new, add cameras.

Morse is faster than texting!
RogerAS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes that seemed to work.  Very frustrating to have to waste 3-4 hours of my time trying to figure this out.  You would think that by now these should be more user friendly. 

Thank You for your fast reply, direction and help.

RogerAS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seemed to work last nght.  When I went to arm the system today the cameras say getting status.  Now what do i need to do

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any time I see that I force close the app and open it again. It's just faster than putzing around trying to get it to work.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation