Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Argo Pro 2 base station power

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Tripoli
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 1 story house and recently put up 4 Parlo Pro 2 cameras.  I have moved my Base Station three times trying to get a gppd signal to all of my cameras.  Each time i move the base it affects different cameras on singal strength.  I have also moved one of my problems cameras but still only one bar at the best.  I have gret wifi signal with Cox cable.  I have tried a wifi extenter but that still does not improve the power of the base station to reach all my cameras.  Is there a slouation? or is the only remdie to buy another base station?  Thanks john

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Correct. If the cameras are so far apart that they are not performing well, you'll will need another base station. In saying this, I have a camera with only 1 bar of signal strength and it works perfectly. 

A wifi range extender won't do anything for Arlo except allow you to place a base station further away from your router and connect the base station via the required ethernet connection

Tripoli
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much.  Mine are working well also but was just looking for an answer to make sure I was not missing anything.  I have tried several different positions of the base station and think I have found the best for all 4 cameras.  John 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation