Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App will not discover base

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mark-
Follower
Follower

Since the app update I can't discover my Arlo base. It's plugged directly into my modem.

5 REPLIES 5
JohnGoogelaar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the original Arlo base station with one old camera and 1 Pro camera.  I view the cameras from my browser as well as an Ipad.

My old IOS app worked fine and I could see both cameras.  When I install the current app, I only see the old camera, not the Pro device.  When I try to add the Pro device back, the app just spins and eventually tells me it can't find other devices.  If I re-install the legacy app, everything is fine again.

Can anyone offer any ideas to resolve this?

Thank you, John

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @mark

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @JohnGoogelaar

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

JohnGoogelaar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have verified that both cameras are synced to the base since I can see them normally from my Android app and the Chrome browser on my desktop.  I have power cycled the base.   I re-installed the new IOS app a couple of times. I am now back on the legacy app which works fine.  I am not sure what next steps I can take - I am not super techy.  Thanks!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JohnGoogelaar

I would suggest contacting customer support. I have attached the link here: Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation