Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Anyone use a Raspberry Pi 4 with Chromium to access my.arlo.com?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MaTTGRaNT
Initiate
Initiate

My cheap old wireless camera system used a NVR that I could watch the video feeds 24/7 with a monitor connected to it. I am looking to setup a system that I can have connected to a monitor and have the web app open all the time. I am aware of the issue where the feeds time out after some time, I guess I can live with that. I do not want to have to keep my 5Ghz gaming computer running all the time so I can have the web app open all the time. And I want to run a low power system My cheap solution is to get a Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB of RAM running Raspbian or something comparable that can run Chrome/Chromium browser.

Has anyone tried this or something like it yet? It looks like it should work, but who knows since Adobe Flash has to be used. I guess I will find out tomorrow.

2 REPLIES 2
MaTTGRaNT
Initiate
Initiate

Ok, so I was able to install Rasbian on my Pi4 and I can create a Chromium app to view camera feeds. Without heatsinks or a case with a fan, the Pi4 gets to about 80c when viewing cam feeds. Once I installed a case with fans on it, the temps dont go above 55c. Seems to work pretty well, just wish the darn web page did not time out or lose connection to the cams constantly. Otherwise it works just fine on a Pi4 🙂

cjcampbell20
Initiate
Initiate
Can you expand on that Chromium app more? I am trying to do the exact same thing, but I am a brand new Raspberry Pi user.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation