Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Any issue when using Arlo Pro 2 with latest SKY broadband router?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
1289ontherun
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI

I keep reading about compatability issues between the Arlo Pro Cameras base unit and some broadband routers.  Before I splash out and purchase the Arlo pro cameras, does anyone know of any issues working with the latest SKY broadband router?  I have SKY high speed broadband and wanted to assure myself this Arlo solution will work with this router.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@1289ontherun wrote:

I keep reading about compatability issues between the Arlo Pro Cameras base unit and some broadband routers. 

Router compatibility isn't an issue that comes up here often, if at all. So I have no idea where you "keep reading" this. Got a link we can check?

One message I found in an Amazon review suggested that it was easy to set up on a Sky Router. (Then again the reviewer did say "I have a Sky Q router which is a poor router".) A second reviewer had problems.

The hub just needs a wired Ethernet link to your router. It has nothing to do with the wifi from whatever router you own.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
1289ontherun
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I perused a lot of sites and cannot remember where I saw these comments, although I think one of them may have been on an Arlo forum.

On that topic it seems the the worst thing I could do was look at the Arlo forum!  Lots of unhappy customers complaining about battery life, inconsistent operation of cameras and the best comment of all along the lines of 'paid top dollar money and still have lots of problems'. 

This is the comment that most resonated with me as I fully expect the odd setup and installation issues but would not expect as many with a top dollar solution.

These comments have sterred me towards the Amazon Blink XT2 which (although not an exact match) at half the price of Arlo solution seems the better deal, plus it seems more reliable battery life and an outdoor solar power panel - nice!

Thanks 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation