Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Any Good Out of the Box Monitoring Ideas?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
KraigK
Follower
Follower

I was wondering about easy 'passive' ways of monitoring the Arlo Pro 2s without needing to proactively load the app, like an iPad mounted somewhere or maybe an Amazon Show could work? Have any of you all figured out something super cool that we could also consider?

Thanks!

Kraig

1 REPLY 1
VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

Not really. There is no easy way to monitor the video like it was a closed circuit TV system. Best is if you have a spare or old tablet or phone, set up the app on it and disable any security, password, number code on the device so you can go directly to the Arlo app with the minimum of fuss. Still there will be a delay between picking up the device and seeing live video, if that's what you want to do, say if you hear a noise outside and want to check it out.

One work around is to use record or audio detection. On our front porch the view includes a view of the street but I don't want video of every car going by so I set the motion detection sensitivity really low and audio detection to moderate. I get video of the mailman/woman at the porch plus if there is sufficient noise I get video of the scene. Most times it's a work truck or vehicle with loud exhaust going by. If the noise is loud enough to hear in the house the camera will trigger and record. I can then check to  see what made the sound. So not real time but not much gets missed.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation