Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
stringbob
Star
Star

I have a detached garage that has a very poor signal from the Arlo base, located in the house. There was also a low wifi signal. As a result, the Arlo 2 camera at the garage only lasted moments b4 it died.
To correct the situation, I added a powerline network extender and a 2nd Arlo base, plugged via ethernet cable directly into the extender.
I went thru the process of adding the 2nd base, but the Arlo app never found it. The base is definitely connected to something, as all lights are correct, but it's rendered itself invisible..... 

I have a feeling it may be tied to a SSID issue, but that's just a brown-guess.
Anyone run into a situation like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stringbob
Star
Star

@jguerdat wrote:

WiFi has nothing to do with discovering the base other than if you're using a WiFi connection for the device you're using for setup. WHat happens if you plug it into the router for setup and then move it to the extender?

That worked! (although I don't understand why, considering the extender is an extension of the wifi)
Initially I got the same negative result when plugging it into the router. Finally, after a router reboot and a factory reset of the new (used) base, everything smiled.
Relocated new base and camera to garage and boom!
Here's hoping this solves the original issue of accelerated battery-death.
I appreciate the help!!! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WiFi has nothing to do with discovering the base other than if you're using a WiFi connection for the device you're using for setup. WHat happens if you plug it into the router for setup and then move it to the extender?

stringbob
Star
Star

@jguerdat wrote:

That worked! (although I don't understand why, considering the extender is an extension of the wifi)
Initially I got the same negative result when plugging it into the router. Finally, after a router reboot and a factory reset of the new (used) base, everything smiled.
Relocated new base and camera to garage and boom!
Here's hoping this solves the original issue of accelerated battery-death.
I appreciate the help!!! 🙂

stringbob
Star
Star

Got everything setup, including connecting the 100% charged camera to the new base, located 10 ft from the camera. Less than 8 hours later, the battery is muerto. Frustrating. Time to disable some automation flows and try a "good" battery in the camera-from-hell.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation