Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

Sometime within the last 2 days, the fingerprint login within my Android Pixel app stopped working and always said "Your session has expired. Please log in." but only when using fingerprint login method.  If I entered username/password I was able to get in.  I tried rebooting the base station, force stopping the app on my phone, both did not work.  It took uninstalling the app entirely and re-installing it.  I know this is some sort of bug because my wife's phone is doing the exact same thing and started at the same time.  Has anyone else encountered this and if so, aware of any known issue?

166 REPLIES 166
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Workaround for Android (iOS should have something similar):

When presented with the "session expired" message, use the phone's multitask button (2 overlapping rectangles). Arlo should be on top. Click the "X" at the top right of Arlo. Open the Arlo app normally.

Rdg2428
Guide
Guide
I've noticed that my mobile phone has not timed out in several hours..is anyone experiencing the same?
prymtym99
Tutor
Tutor
I've been fine now for about the last 24 hours... hopefully it sticks.
Rdg2428
Guide
Guide
Have you received any info from Netgear as to what they have done so far to alleviate the problem. I've only received that they are working on it and keep rebooting. Got my fingers crossed..hope they found a permanent fix.
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary
I haven't received anything from them, no.
Onebluesummer
Guide
Guide

same.. no workie, s7 active, newest app newest andriod .. its been a couple days

Rdg2428
Guide
Guide
Spoke too soon..just timed out, but use the recommendation of using the multi page tab, shutting down ARLO app and going back to the app and it opened without the banner. Did not have to log out or reenter password. Let's see how long this last before they FIX THE DAMN THING...
Cinny171
Star
Star

I primarily use my computers to monitor cameras. I get is expired than when I gYou may be logged into NETGEAR Arlo in a different browser tab. Please close the tab before proceeding. You can also try to restart your browser or delete cookies from your browser before trying to login again.o to log in I get this

So this just insn't a mobile issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The fix is different. For the app, a workaround is found here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Arlo-Android-Keeps-Logging-Off/m-p/1529465#M50010

For a browser, you need to remove the Arlo cookies although that hasn't helped everyone.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/You-may-be-logged-into-NETGEAR-Arlo-in-a-different-brows...

Onebluesummer
Guide
Guide

same.. no workie, s7 active, newest app newest andriod .. its been a couple days

WTYBBQ
Tutor
Tutor

Cleared cache, deleted and re-added app.  Confirmed current version.  Still have to log in many, many times every day to view the cameras using the Arlo app on a Samsung Galaxy S7...Takes a long time to log in becuase you have to really work to dismiss the banners to log out and log back in.  

Unacceptable!  Reason I got the cameras is because my garage is in my back alley and we've had some car prowlers stalking the neighborhood.  If it takes me two minutes to access and log in they are gone by the time I can get out there.

grrr

Caty-did
Star
Star
I have an S7 too. It's actually been better in the last day. 1 thing you might want to check is to make sure your Samsung isn't automatically putting the Arlo app to sleep. That could also affect the sign in.

HTH
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

Just to give everyone an update, I contacted support for a status and referenced this Android thread.  Here is their response:

"I do apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Actually we are aware of this case. Our engineers pushed an update on our Arlo server and this unexpected issue occurred.  Once the issue has been resolved, one of our representatives from our community site will announce it."

They also said that once it's resolved they'll email me so I will also update this thread once I hear.  I have a sneaking suspicion that we may not see any update even though they say they will.  I hope they surprise us all. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hasn't happened here yet. Maybe overnight...

Vijayng
Tutor
Tutor
New update fixed the issue. Go to Arlo app page on Google play.
Rdg2428
Guide
Guide
Which app? ARLO has several. Is it the ARLO or ARLO Pro, or ARLO Pro App,..???
Vijayng
Tutor
Tutor
Eay to figure it out. Look for the app that's relevant to you.
WTYBBQ
Tutor
Tutor
What update? The play store only shows the version I have installed.
ATC250R
Star
Star
I see only one, actual Netgear app for Arlo. It was last updated back on the 14th, which is when the problem started. There is no newer update, yet.
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary
Unless NETGEAR themselves post on this thread, or I do (when they email me it's resolved) assume it's still broken.
Vijayng
Tutor
Tutor
Installing March 14th release fixed my session expired issue. My apps don't get updated automatically. And this problem existed for me even before the update and now it's gone. S8 Samsung. May be when they fix it for all you, I may get impacted again. 🙂
ATC250R
Star
Star
I'd be willing to bet that most of us posting here for the past week would have obviously already checked for a newer app version. Me? Moto Z2 Play. The problem DIDN'T exist for me prior to the March 14 update. It DOES exist now. Same with many of us.
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary
The people who have commented "now it works" have come back indicating they spoke too soon. It will go through periods of functioning then come back, so you may want to hold your conclusion until it works for you longer than a day or two. 🙂
Vijayng
Tutor
Tutor
I can post a video of needed. It's working right now like how it used to work a week back. May be its a server side issue and arlo is fixing in phases.
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary
I believe you, so is mine (for the time being) but it won't be later after an undetermined amount of time when I try pulling up the app. Read my post from a few hours ago, they indicated its server-side and are working on it.