Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

I just did the latest November 21 update for the Arlo Android app. After I did the update, the app popped up with a notification that said it needed new permissions and would need to push out notifications to my phone. I thought that was fine because that's the way it's always been, but I've never seen this notification come from the app. The next thing that popped up was that it was asking for permission to make phone calls, which I denied because I don't want Arlo to make phone calls for me. I only have the basic. I was told  that with the Premium plan, the app can call 911. Nevertheless, the only permissions I've ever given Arlo is for notifications, and it worked just fine before.

After a bit of troubleshooting, it's very clear that denying the Arlo app the ability to make phone calls breaks the app. I can get into the Mode screen, but then the app does not allow me to do anything further. That means I can't arm or disarm cameras. I can't set up zones; I can't do scheduling; I can't do anything that I would need to do through the Mode screen. This is true for both Arlo Q and Pro 2 cameras on my app.

I did call customer support, and he took notes, gave me case #, and said someone would get back to me. So if you are having the same problems please call them and let them know....

456 REPLIES 456
Cbart83
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issues. I am not impressed.
Cbart83
Aspirant
Aspirant
Stoped Receiving push notifications. App freezes up and cameras Don't load up when you go to turn them on. I've had my camera system for 4 1/2 years now and never had a problem until now. I'm not impressed at the moment because I'm going through a situation where my house has to be monitored 24/7 as my sister is living with me and she is on the run from her abusive boyfriend who's not allowed on the property. I'm also having a problem where it says in the app that the camera is off line. in order to get the camera to start working again I have to go out and take the batteries out and put them back in to reset the camera. I hope somebody within the company can come up with a solution to fix the problem so my cameras can go back to working 100% again.
timw1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since the update I have had nothing but trouble with arlo on my Samsung S7 edge. Notifications are delayed and I now have multiple notification tones (9) when it does finally notify. I have tried all the fixes that have been previously posted to no avail. I wish I could roll back the software.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

You can also try a different device and/or use a browser.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

papagorda26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem with Android on Samsung, have wasted a great deal of time about time Net Gear  fixes there problem or refunds moneys spent on systems. Maybe a class action would bw oin order

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What devices an OSes? Have you tried rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For the record, I've tried clearing cache and data as well as clearing both and reinstalling the app immediately afterwards with no help. It apparently can help some but not all.

lorinolimits
Aspirant
Aspirant
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Here is my screen shot if they don't believe you.

CalvinThib
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased Arlo pro 2 in Mar of 2018, worked great until last week received a message on Samsung galaxy express prime phone that Arlo has stopped. its working great on my Samsung S8. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled still not working, any suggestions?

Bestusernameev
Guide
Guide

I'm sure they believe me, I sent them the screen shot. People have already posted the same screenshots on here. I think they are just trying to buy time and stall while they figure out what to do about it. Calling them really did nothing at all. I get the feeling that maybe it is not enough people complaining for them to address it and they are not losing any money from it so there is no rush on their end for a solution. I did leave a 3 star review of the system on Amazon just to let others know that they are not too concerned apparently about doing testing for updates or resolving the issues when they find them.

joleenallis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Help - I have uninstalled app - reinstalled app too many times in the last couple oif days and system is still crashing.  I have had Arlo on my Samsung J7 since March 2018 - no problems like this.  All I get is a screen that says "ARLO has stopped" Send Feedback"

dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice

Works on my OnePlus 6, but not on my partners Samsung S8. She gets the "Arlo has stopped working" alerts and has since broken Geofencing. We have to manually arm/disarm. 

Was wondering what had happened. 

Pokiemom
Apprentice
Apprentice

You're not alone. It seems to be an issue with our Samsung J7 Neo phones. I keep having to uninstall the app and then go to www.arkmirror.com and search for Arlo, then scroll down to the Oct. 30, 2018 update and download that. Then on your phone, check notifications and you'll see the download and when you click on that, you get the option to install. It's a large pain in the backside. I'm thinking I need a Ring system instead 😞

Mikemsi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having same problem on my galaxy j7, however my surface app is working fine so it has to do with this latest update for for android phone. How can I go back to the last update because it seems that this may take some time to get a fix or good update.
Mommystallyho
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. I just found out how to clear cache and data and it didn't help. I loaded the arlo app on my new tablet and it is working on it. I am now suspecting it is the Samsung J7's that have an update issue. I'll be swinging by Costco and finding out at the kiosk if someone there knows how to fix it. Whatever I am able to find out, I will report back.

Pokiemom
Apprentice
Apprentice

Welcome to my world. I have a Samsung J7 that I bought because I needed an affordable Android phone to use with this camera. I was happy with my previous Windows phone, but Arlo is antiquated and doesn't support the Windows platform. I have been having the same issues. If you uninstall the app from your phone, then go to the internet to www.arkmirror.com and in the search, look for "Arlo" and scroll down past a ton of Google ads and you'll see a list of prior updates. Choose the Oct. 30, 2018 and on the right click to download. You'll scroll down some more and see something about available Arks (I have no idea, I'm a senior citizen). Choose the Oct. 30, 2018 again if prompted, and it should begin to download. Give it a few minutes. When it's done, you should be able to do the pulldown at the top of your phone for notifications and you'll see the recent download. Click on that and there's an option to install. Do that, and then it will tell you to open. Do that, and you should be functioning again. You may have to repeat this daily until the Netgear people get this resolved 😞

joleenallis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you - I will try that now!  And I am thinking of a different system too

jstutler55
Aspirant
Aspirant

Alatarte
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received notification on Saturday, 24 Nov that my arlo app stopped/crashed.  I called and spoke to an Arlo technician and was told that the email account associated with my arlo app infected my app and for $199 they could fix it.  I declined. 

Villac
Aspirant
Aspirant

Lastnight it works but not this morning.  I guess because Chromecast is actually getting the stream from the Arlo server and not directlly from the basestation.  Also depending on which Arlo server you're connecting to.  

Not like streaming on the apps everything is local.

Jfsii120
Initiate
Initiate
I have uninstalled the arlo app several times also I've changed the battery usage options, cleared caches, changed all permission options for the app and it absolutely will not even open on my phone. Samsung j7.
nunya405bizznez
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm adding to the fustration of the "Arlo app not working".  As of November 24, 2018 my Arlo app on my android has stopped working.  I've uninstalled, reinstalled but i keep getting "arlo keeps stopping" "send feedback" message. 

I can access the site from my laptop and iPad but it will not open on my phone.  The purpose of having the app on my phone is to monitor activity when i'm traveling and dont carry a laptop or iPad with me all the time. 

Please get this fixed soon!   Its basically useless to me if i cannot access the app with my phone.