Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Amber light flashing rapidly when charging camera, battery doesn't get charged

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
phari
Aspirant
Aspirant

Amber light keeps flashing rapidly and the battery isn’t charging. I'm sure there is no issue with adapter as another camera gets charged with the adapter I am using. Appreciate any help.

3 REPLIES 3
ctarver_is
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello @phari ,

According to the following article a fast blinking amber light is indicting "the camera failed to sync with the SmartHub or base station". I'm not sure if you're camera was previously synced and working but you may want to try and resync the camera to see if the LED behavior changes. 

• Can you confirm if your camera was working before? 
  • Have you tried swapping the battery with a working camera to rule out an issue with the battery?

I've just installed my Arlo Pro 2 cameras and haven't seen this issue. I'd be interested to hear the results of any further testing you do.

Cheers,

CT

(Disclosure: I am a retired Arlo Employee and am still passionate about the product and the company! However, my views and opinions shared here are solely my own.)

phari
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ctarver_is

Thanks a lot for responding to my query. Yes the camera was previously working and synced, I just recharged the battery. Please find below answer to questions you had

• Yes the camera was working before, I've recharged it in past. 
  • I didn't think about swapping the battery, I swapped it with the other camera that is working fine and the camera still works fine. I get a solid blue led alert (fully charged) when I tried charging the faulty camera..

Basically, we can now rule out issue with battery. I tried syncing the camera with base station,  it shows no response. I need to somehow sync the camera with base station now!!! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a hardware fault. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to invoke your warranty.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation