Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alor Pro 2 bug , keep night mode while full light room if room have dark floor

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Binh
Tutor
Tutor
I have test and compare from few my camra arlo pro, vs Pro 2

The room with full light three windows at 7-10am

The arlo pro work good and record full color video but only black and white by pro 2

This room have gray carpet

Other room work normal, tesst with 5 cameras

Thiss issue been verylong

I had report to arlo service, and tried have 1 replaced camera but the issu the same, so i think it firm ware or sensor error

Please fixxx

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There is more than just FW... the Pro2 is just that a newer model from the Pro and yes, they do react differently.

I've always found the Pro to be a bit better in the night over the Pro2 with te overall picture.... But, needless to say the switch over to B/W is controlled in the camera on received light levels and there no no user control of this. The Pro2 cameras just does it a bit faster ( at a higher light level ) and it is how the camera works

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Binh
Tutor
Tutor
Yep hope they have setting for light sensitive, or fix the bug which record B/W color while the room have full of light but floor is dark carpet.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not a bug, it's like any camera system that looks at the whole scene to determine exposure. You can get that with a cell phone camera or even expensive cameras set on automatic. My Best example was from my early days of photography when shooting a car race - the exposure was perfect when shooting one corner. The next corner had a black galss building in view, leading me to think I needed to change settings. In fact I did not but the light meter was telling me to do so which would have greatly washed out the car while exposing the black building "properly".

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation