Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All of my 6-day-old videos are suddenly missing/deleted from my library

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Callee
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of my 6-day-old videos are suddenly missing/deleted from my library.  The videos contain important evidence that I need to download.  I contacted Arlo’s offshore customer service department and opened a case on day 6, but when I followed up with them the next day, they said that it was now past the 7-day timeframe and the files could never be recovered.  

Arlo Pro 2

Arlo app version 2.9.1

iPhone X

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Callee wrote:

All of my 6-day-old videos are suddenly missing/deleted from my library.  The videos contain important evidence that I need to download.  I contacted Arlo’s offshore customer service department and opened a case on day 6, but when I followed up with them the next day, they said that it was now past the 7-day timeframe and the files could never be recovered.  

I'm sorry that happened, and it sounds like nothing can be done to fix it.

If your base station has a USB port or a MicroSD slot, then you might consider connecting a thumb drive or microSD card to the base.  That would give you a back up.  Of course it won't help now, but it is something you could do to preserve future recordings longer.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

No local storage?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Callee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did not have external backup.

I trusted that Arlo was capable of providing reliable and redundant cloud storage. 

I also assumed that if Arlo erroneously erased my files prior to their 7-day commitment, they would care enough about their customers to restore the files.  I don’t understand why Arlo’s service is so inferior to their competitors.

My family purchased a different (cheaper) camera brand and they have never had issues with cloud storage.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation