Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All devices are gone and cannot be added

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
STX100
Aspirant
Aspirant

I used the Arlo app to delete an old account from the days before I had a subscription. Unfortunately, it deleted not only that account, but all the devices on my current subscription account.

Chatted for 3 hours last night about it with Arlo support, and was told it would be escalated. Case #43243784

Would appreciate any help. The support could see my base station online when i added it, but it isn't showing on my account. No "my devices" under settings at all on my phone, and there's a "my devices" under settings on my iPad but no devices show. So all 20-ish of my cameras seem to be sending me notifications, somehow, and if i click on the notification on my phone, sometimes it even opens a video (maybe just on the arlo pro 3s) but, again, i can't get to the devices or the recordings from the usual tabs on the app or internet site.

Help please. Reset something?

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@STX100 wrote:

Reset something?

Likely the next step.

But I suggest giving support a bit more time, as there might be something they can do in the Arlo cloud to resolve this.

STX100
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks; I've reset one of the base stations (it's a big property and i use 2) multiple times, deleted and reinstalled the app, updated the app as of today to 4.0, tried to delete any app user data on the iPhone. None works; the iPhone shows different settings than the iPad, and the web version just gives error messages. It's...frustrating.

Am hoping Support will get around to contacting me soon. Hint, hint.

But thanks for the suggestions!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this with a granted access account?

STX100
Aspirant
Aspirant

Granted access account, no. This is my main, subscription, account.

I deleted another, old, account from the days when I didn't use a subscription, from my iPhone Arlo app, and it somehow disrupted this account.

I'm on the phone with support now and they are having difficulty too. This is going to sound fabricated, but my app is actually showing the new house icon, and states it's version 4.0.1 in the app itself, but it displays the old 3.X version. With no devices showing, even though Support can see all the devices, and I get notifications from them...somehow the deletion of the old account must have changed something deep in the bowels of the app or my devices, but I don't know what.

Will post an update if it ever fixes, just for general amusement. My lesson here may be to not ever delete an old account. I just wanted that email to be used for a new business Arlo account, but wow what a mess.

STX100
Aspirant
Aspirant

How long am I supposed to wait for Arlo to respond appropriately to a problem? I have no ability to control any of my cameras. I only get videos from the ones that I hadn't turned off before this happened. Guy I spoke to on Friday said he'd have to escalate yet again and would call back. No call. Voicemail from a random number (and who answers random numbers these days?) with no callback number and a promise of an email...no email found. Come on, folks. It's been more than a week without access.

STX100
Aspirant
Aspirant

Found the hidden button to call support. Same talk today with Support as on Friday, and was again told that I'd get a call back. 

I've posted screenshots to Support repeatedly, demonstrating that none of the devices show up in my app, even though Support can see that they exist...

I assume there must be a reset ability at Support to break this problem. Would love for someone to take responsibility and fix this. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? Do the cameras appear on the web portal?

STX100
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is anyone ever actually not using the latest version? Yes, I'm fully updated with 4.0.1. Cannot see any devices on the web either.   Something is broken on the Arlo side but no one seems able to fix it. 

As of yesterday, the final solution was for me to delete the account entirely, and re-sync all my devices with a new account. 

I'm thinking this must have happened because the account that i originally deleted (from before I had a subscription, I used a couple of emails with 5 cameras a piece, as was common) was linked as a secondary account to my main account, and it ripped out most of the functionality from my main account when deleted. 

I would think that this might have happened to others, as I'm sure that others have switched from free to pay services over the years. Possibly this happened to happen just as the 4.0 version was coming out? 

The further complication now is that I can't, on the website, see anything now. It sticks on the cameras/devices page when it finally lets me log on, and if I manually enter a different page, like /#/settings/, and try to cancel my subscription, it freezes. So Support has agreed to manually delete my old subscription and then old account.  Not a good solution as it's no longer attached to my primary email, but workable. 

Anyhow, hopefully this will never happen to anyone else, but after at least 4 phone calls and multiple chats, the solution was to delete the account and ask for the subscription to be canceled. 😕

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation