Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All 3 cameras batteries are draining quickly

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Chaweewan
Follower
Follower

Hi, purchased and installed the Arlo Pro 2 two days ago, Dec 7, 2018. There are 3 cameras. Its a domestic environment with 3 persons in a house so no huge activity. All 3 cameras are draining quickly. After 2 days one is now at 24%, another at 42% the 3rd at 52%. Power settings are on "best battery life". What can I do to stop the rapid draining of the batteries? 

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@Chaweewan

there are many things that can do this.

Interference - move the base as far away as possible from the router. 

Move the cameras to a different location within your home or business as the 2.4 ghz band is very crowded and many things using that frequency can interfere with the signal.

Change channels on your router to a less crowded channel/

Check the signal strength of the cameras. If they go ofline, the cameras will keep trying to regain communications with the base until the batteries drain.

Try powering the base off and then back on to see if a firmware update got corrupted.

Leave the cameras that are acting up off for awhile and see if the batteries continue to drain.

Arlo Smart and Activity Zones will drain the batteries faster than normal.

If possible, power the cameras with the supplied power adapters and cables or use solar panels.

If noe of these things work, we will hae to troubleshoot further.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

as a PS;

The first question I usu ask is how much recording or live viewing are you doing...

The cams are spec'ed for about 5 mins per day...these are motion detect then record cameras and are not meant to record all day long ( batteries are finite usage )

I usu get 2+ months with some 3 months+ per charge.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation