Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All 3 Pro 2 cameras are slow. Going off and online and won't show live. Has massive gaps.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Netvuk
Guide
Guide

Is there a general issue affecting Arlo cloud in the UK? All 3 Arlo Pro 2 cameras are slow. Going off and online. Won’t show live view. Camera with live recording has massive gaps in recordings. Reset the base station. Rebooted router. Reset one camera. Tried all the usual things. Only common things are the base station or the Arlo Data Center. Ruled out the fact that the internet is ok after full upload/download speed test proved ok.

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Netvuk,

Make sure that your router is working properly with your Base Station by testing with a different device or using a different Ethernet cable. 

Also try checking your signal strength on your cameras. Less than two bars could cause problems to your cameras. You can read more about it here: How do I interpret my Arlo camera's signal strength?

MiArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 Arlo (1st Gen), 1 Pro and just added 2 Pro 2....   (using original base station ) Connected the new Pro 2's I have the same issue with the new Pro 2's ...  "Going off and online and won't show live. Has massive gaps and then just stops Live Feed all together and resets to have to start at Play again" option on iPhone X and on act at Arlo.com"!  BUT these delay 30 sec before live feed starts and then within 10 to 15 sec after live feed will finally start (with delay of 30 sec) the cameras will stop live feed and you have to press play again!  But the 2 Arlo (1st Gen), and the Pro work just fine with a 3 sec delay for live feed and do not drop the feed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That sounds like a signal strength/quality issue between the base and camera. Swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or the location or bring a problem camera closer to the base for testing.

MiArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Pro2’s Are within 5 feet of base an have these issues and this is same location where my original Arlo cameras were placed that these replaced. As well my two current original Arlo cameras and the Arlo Pro are outside area's and some 20 feet away with no problems with live feed or stopping....   this is clearly a Pro2 PROBLEM (see multi other treads)!   TkxU for your thoughts. 

Netvuk
Guide
Guide
Although everything was working fine for at least the last 12 months, like I say above things stopped working properly. I think there may have been a firmware update too.

This is what I have done to fix this, I have purchased a new base station and split the cameras.

Strange, has the WI-FI efficiency been adjusted recently in the firmware update?
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation