Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice

Regarding the new live feed under the latest App update: the alarm banner partially blocks of the view.

I understand why it put there, to easily access the alarm, but I don't think it's a good idea.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We wanted to update everyone when you're viewing in landscape full screen, you should not see the "alarm" bar obscuring the live stream video; instead you should see a red-white shield icon on the top-right hand corner on the full screen video.

2019-06-25 11_14_48-2019-06-25.jpg (2208×1242).png

View solution in original post

100 REPLIES 100
Filmhits
Guide
Guide
Hello.Suddenly a strip showing Alarm shows in video screen . hiw can it be deleted from visual acreen?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What do you mean by "video screen?" The Devices tab where you can live view? If so, the alarm is now able to be selected by a pull-down tab (Android) or gray strip (iOS) near the top of the screen but should normally remain out of view until you click on it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just an FYI - there were people who complained loudly here about the previous location of the alarm which is at least partly why it got rearranged.

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Two wrongs don’t make a right. As OP says it blocks the view!!!

I needs moving. Or making smaller.
Filmhits
Guide
Guide
Yes The Devices tab where you can live view now shows a strip, it stays viewable even when screen is expanded. Its intrusive , and as a video guy, I feel its un- needed on that screen, unless it can be removed by the users.
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
I am well aware of that, but they should not have put it as a giant black bar on the live feed
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mine disappears once I click on it for the first time. Have you tried that?

Filmhits
Guide
Guide
Yes, i have clicked on it. It dies not disappear. In fact it takes me to the choice of turning it on, or Cancel.(See picture )
Filmhits
Guide
Guide
Yes, i have clicked on it. It does not disappear. In fact it takes me to the choice of turning it on, or Cancel.(See picture )
Crav
Initiate
Initiate

Ivann
Tutor
Tutor
Really..... Arlo, now when I open my Arlo Baby camera in full screen in the iOS app there is a large button on the top of the page to activate the alarm on my system ( I also have a base station and Arlo Pro cameras). I can see this going well for users. What are these people thinking, oh wait, they aren’t thinking about Arlo baby users.... nothing has changed. Fix this ASAP... I do not need an option to set off my system alarm when viewing my baby camera! That’s one way to get a spouse to help with diaper changes.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this for iOS? I have no problem with Android.

MSP66
Tutor
Tutor

The latest app update has the "Alarm" button in the view when viewing live. It's at the top so not too bad when the iPhone is vertical but when you switch to horizontal and full screen, the "Alarm" button does not dissapear and it is right in the view of the live feed. There doesn't seem to be a way to hide it so a good portion of the real estate on the screen is taken up. If it could either be a smaller icon/button or better yet, have it dissapear with the menu when you tap the screen for full screen. 

Wirelezz
Apprentice
Apprentice
Agreed! Put the alarm 'button' back the way it was, or resize/ reposition it because it's blocking the view! Jeeze Arlo, your philosophy regarding these app updates seems to be "Two steps forward one step back"!
Crav
Initiate
Initiate
It is for an iOS device (iPhone 7s)
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Am seeing this intermittently on my iPhone.. Looks like Arlo's fixing it or playing with it like some kid playing with the remote TV... Dunno' for sure.. 

cliffba
Initiate
Initiate

I agree with MSP66. The alarm button in the live view is obtrusive, and needs to disappear when in full screen mode.

deannelarson
Initiate
Initiate

I agree. There needs to be a way to disable this! Just destroyed the view of my beach camera.

ny99rat
Initiate
Initiate

I too agree with MSP66, the alarm button needs to be relocated so that the full screen is visable when in the horizontal position.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this topic to engineering for further review. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Heavnboun
Guide
Guide
YES PLEASE move the alarm bar in the live screen it’s blocking what I am trying to view please please get rid of it
arlopro2user
Star
Star

On my camera setup (4 Arlo Pro 2 cams) just now I noticed I could go to live view, then press pause, and the audio from the live stream would not stop. Live view stayed working even though it had the "live" button back in the middle of the view, and I had to force quit the app to make it stop.

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
Someone said earlier, arlo go two step forward one step back.

Not true.

It’s One step forward and three step backwards.
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

New Comers "Welcome".. You are now part of the "Beta Testing", "Quality Assurance" , "Tech Support" program from Arlo.. Cheers!