Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

Had this issue on May 21 and it is back again

The Arlo Pro 2 cameras I have 3 cameras on one Base Station and 2 camera's on another Base Station.

The one with 3 camera's show that they are recording and I get yellow man running,

But it does not save to Library.

Also it shows when I look at overview of cameras (lower left) 1Min or just now so it is recording something. And you see the image of what it did record 

I can not find the footage.

I have rebooted get all lights green on base station so that looks good

I am stumped what is going on

Is there a new filmware happening or what???????

Anyone having same issue  Date May 21, 2019  6:00 PM Eastern Standard time now new date May 23, 2019 5:30 PM EST 

291 REPLIES 291
psalms
Initiate
Initiate
Yes..today 5-24-19 same here...i spent all this money for arlo pro 2 plus extra camera and 3 plug ins for electric batteries and theft proof wire attached to 3 units approx $500 plus....im so disappointed...paying all this money and wont catch if someone is lurching around my home....it did this the other day also..i wish i had bought another security system
daytonagal1
Star
Star

I have gotten a couple of recordings.  But when I play them back it either plays so fast you can’t see anything, or it says video not available.  So they haven’t fixed the problem totally .  It still has issues. We will see how long this last until it goes down again.

Aviator10
Guide
Guide

I am able to now sync cameras.

Stacyjb24
Guide
Guide
noshotnick
Initiate
Initiate
Ok all, after being on hold for 47 minutes and then speaking to someone with zero answers for another 31 minutes.... they told me to change all my sensitivity setting to 100.... trigger all my cameras then change it back to 80!!!! The system seems to be working now, even though I didn’t change anything... this system is going back and I’m going with the lorex system that recorded to a wireless hard drive . Hope you guys gets yours back online! Pointless to have a security system that doesn’t work! And if you look at the “status log” for alto online this issue has happens 3-4 times in the past month.
Stacyjb24
Guide
Guide
Sorry I replied to the wrong post.
Stacyjb24
Guide
Guide
Thank you so much! This worked. I was so excited I accidentally replied to the wrong person .
Jenny-De_
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras have not been working. Nothing is being recorded. Earlier when it recorded, half the videos were not available to watch. Two days ago all of my cameras went off line. I had to re-sync all of the cameras.

Nycinter
Aspirant
Aspirant

After update u must select activity zone to get recordings and notifications

Zx6MochaChic
Guide
Guide

I didn't notice that there was not a recording for 5/21 for one camera till 5/23. Therefore, during the none recording time I do not know if the motion indicator was black or gray. Currently all indictors for all cameras are black. I toggle the active mode off/on when for all cameras and it's recording. However, there is an alert as of 5/24 that Arlo is experiencing recording issues, so it might not just be me. Furthermore, on 5/20 @1630 a UPS truck backup our driveway, we talk for about 5 minutes. None of that was recorded by our driveway camera, not one second. What the heck! This unit is too pricey to not have recorded the sound and motion of the truck and us talking. Glad it was a nice encounter.

Jmal91
Aspirant
Aspirant
So help me understand how for the past 3-5 days I am missing hours of CVR footage. With no Wi-Fi or internet connection issues. Like tonight my brothers and I were outside my front house for over hour and half. Not one second of footage both CVR and motion detection. As a matter of fact. From 1.30pm till 8pm. NO CVR recordings. Absolutely no recordings. This is happening daily now. Some days works perfect with maybe a few minutes of missed recordings which I can live with. But not $120 a year and going to end up missing hundreds of hours of footage. Then on top of that it's 50/50 when the blue audio bar and motion green bar show up on my timeline for CVR. Which if that's not always working I have to go through tons of footage. Anyone else dealing with this crap????!!!! So mad. How is that reliable at all? I get it only saves for 14 days. But it's only been a week. Should have all that footage still. I also have this connected to a Arlo outdoor charging cable. Maybe I should of got s true NVR system. I just loved how these look. If this keeps up. There gone.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update as of pm 9pm PST/May 24, 2019: As previously reported, some customers were unable to receive notifications and/or view video clips. Services are now restored, but it may be possible that some videos recorded between 12pm to 7:20pm PST/May 24, 2019, will not be viewable in users’ libraries.

We sincerely apologize for this service disruption and want you to know that our team will continue monitoring and actively managing our systems to maintain the best possible performance at all times.

You can check on the latest status of Arlo’s systems anytime by visiting: https://status.arlo.com/

Thank you,

Arlo Team

RAM3
Guide
Guide

mine have not been restored

RAM3
Guide
Guide

Nothing has been resoved to fix this, very poor customer service

RAM3
Guide
Guide

Not just you, I havent had recordings since 5/21, still don't!

Adiamant
Initiate
Initiate

I am expriencing the same problem. here is a time window over nights where my Arlo detecs a motion and send me a notification to my mobile phone but there is no recording in the library. 

This has nothing to do with night vision because in my case the area is always lighted by projectors. 

I have also noticed that the missing recording are stored on my local USB storage so my conclusion is that something is wrong with Arlo's cloud. for some reason, in several time windows there is problem accessing the cloud and uploading the files. 

BTW, my internet connection is good (1GB FTTH) with no failures and I am in UTC+2 time zone. 

The missing files are always between 11PM to 5AM.

bmonto
Initiate
Initiate

I know they say it's fixed, but I'm not getting recordings or notifications on any camera. The Live feature is working though. 

Kadams2003
Tutor
Tutor

What is with this crappy company?  It works intermittedly.   We pay for this service and it's not working 24 7, as expected.

This is crap.  You have to dig for for the problem. They should make us aware when something was or is wrong. They have our numbers and email addresses.   But we are never notified.   Instead we're all searching for an answer and trouble shooting our devices.

I would love to know how they test their updates, because I don't think they do.  I do IT for a living and this would never happen to our customers. 

I need a security system that works (not just takes my money) !!!!!  Frustrated and feeling ripped off.

rogerrem
Tutor
Tutor

I have 3 Arlo Pro 2's. One of my cameras suddenly stopped giving notifications when detecting movement, and its not saving recordings to the cloud. This is the "main" camera by my front door and motion detection is working, because i have a rule that when this camera detects motion it should trigger recording on both itself and a neighbouring camera. The neighbouring camera records when the main camera detects motion. I can also see that the motion detection is triggered on the main camera in the app. I have tried to remove the camera from the base-station and re-added it, with no sucsess in regards of recording. What should I do? Smiley Frustrated

I tried contacting support via the support-form at arlo.com but when trying to send the email, i get an error "Could not send email - please contact support" Smiley LOL

scared2upgrade
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same issue. It also just started today around 12pm PST. I wonder if netgear/arlo did something again.
Buzzroll
Guide
Guide

Yes they created an update for their app to fix bug fixes and performance updates. However, after the update i had no recordings for the rest of the day.

Now it will record but all the times are wrong. For example, i took the dog for a walk at around 8.30am and it says something like 01.15 in the morning.

Their app creators are grossly incompetent.

djangoles
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interesting, my system also just stopped recording yesterday. Not sure what is going on but I'll see if I can get it working, although I don't have high hopes.

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary
Mine are still not working- same as last few days. And still shows Arlo Smart subscription where it should say none. Please help.
Rickhtn
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo Pro is not recording video. I get notices, I can Manually watch activity and take a picture. But NO video.
What can I do? What is the phone number for support?
Carl2
Aspirant
Aspirant
I noticed a few days ago my Arlo seemed to not be recording. I would check video to see when someone got home, but video wasn’t there. Then a day later, suddenly the video pops up. Or I’d get a white/blank video with an error message. Then yesterday my Arlo’s stopped working around noon. The camera would show that there was movement (I stood in front of them to see if they detected anything), but no video would show up in the app. So I turned my base station off/on and the cameras were gone. I tried to sync my base station with each camera again and again and again and again, but nothing. The blue light flickers on the camera and the green light flickers on my base station, but the app keeps saying it didn’t detect any Arlo devices. So annoying! I’m pretty ticked since we bought our Arlo a year ago.