Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Aftermarket outdoor cable question?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
elykoj
Tutor
Tutor
So I see Arlo only has an 8ft outdoor cord and they are coming out with a 25ft one soon. Too short and too long for me. Looking for like 15ft and white. Are the Wasserstein cables compatible? Says they are but some are saying they get error message with them???
Also, when powering with cable, must the batteries be removed from camera? I’m seeing yes and no?
6 REPLIES 6
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@elykoj wrote:

Also, when powering with cable, must the batteries be removed from camera? I’m seeing yes and no?

You don't say where you saw conflicting evidence, not here I hope. 

It is up to you. You don't have to remove the battery.  But you don't need it in there either.

I leave them in.  But that is so that I can immediately swap out the battery and move it to as needed a camera/light that is on battery power.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
elykoj
Tutor
Tutor
So are the Wassermin cables compatible? I’m reading in the forums some are getting software errors.
And as far as the batteries I ask because I wondered if the power went out will they still run on the battery?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@elykoj wrote:

And as far as the batteries I ask because I wondered if the power went out will they still run on the battery?

Power out = no electricity = no router + no hub + no Internet = no Arlo.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unless you use a UPS for at least your modem, router and base...

elykoj
Tutor
Tutor
No idea what that even means
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@elykoj wrote:
No idea what that even means

What don't you understand?

UPS?

Not the courier company. An uninterruptible power supply. A bunch of batteries that kick in when the lights go out.

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation