Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

After latest update, I'm getting 2 or 3 alerts per event

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
buckeyeinDC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera is plugged in and located on the garage. Before the update the camera was great and I only got 1 alert on the phone per event.  The alerts were only triggered in the zones, and not from vehicles on the street. I have zones that completely eliminate the road .  After the latest update I am getting 2 or 3 alerts per event.  Also, I am getting alerts for every car that goes by the house, even though the zones are no where near the street.  this has become very annoying and I haven't found an acceptable fix.  The road is probably 150 feet away. The camera is poisitioned perfectly, and never had this problem before.

HW: VersionH3

Firmware: 1.125.13.0_31717

12 REPLIES 12
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @buckeyeinDC,

Have you tried rebooting your Base Station to see if that helps?

buckeyeinDC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have rebooted the base station, I needed to multiple times to get the update to happen.  I'm still getting multiple push notifications for 1 event.

I eliminated the 3rd motion zone and that seems to have fixed the issue slightly.  I still get event for motion outside of the zone, just not as much.

buckeyeinDC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still nothing works and the problem remains. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Just to confirm, do you have an Arlo Smart subscription? What Android device are you using? And have you tried reinstalling the app to see if that helps?

buckeyeinDC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not have the Arlo Smart Subscription

I am using a Pixel 2

I have reinstalled the app.  That got rid of the multiple notifications.  But, it has not fixed the problem and has seemed to make it worse.  Even though I finally turned the sensitivty down, I am now getting close to a hundred events a day due to cars moving outside of the action zones or wind or shadows.  As of today I am up to 63 notifications.  Before the update I was only getting notifications if a person or car entered the driveway or the yard.

i have reset the action zones, no effect.

I have turned down the sensitivity, no effect.

I have reinstalled the app, no effect.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You might want to try re-adjusting the camera to see if that helps. You can read more about it here: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

buckeyeinDC
Aspirant
Aspirant

That makes no sense. So everything is working fine before the latest update, and now appears to not work at all, and you  want me to readjust my camera? 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

It is one of the options to try out. What you could also try doing is turning the camera off/on through settings to see if that helps. Otherwise, let me know if you're still having problems and I can help create a case for you.

buckeyeinDC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please create a case for me.  I had close to 300 alerts in 2 days.  I've had to disarm the system to make it stop. I turned the system on and off, disconnected and repaired the camera, etc.

I'm pretty much done with this.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to create a case - this is a user forum.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

buckeyeinDC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can do that, but that's not was said previously:

"It is one of the options to try out. What you could also try doing is turning the camera off/on through settings to see if that helps. Otherwise, let me know if you're still having problems and I can help create a case for you."

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey buckeyeinDC,

I'll send you a private message to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation