Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO pro 2 and ARLO secure 4.11.1 update

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ashakijohnson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.Friday January 12, 2024,  My iPhone updated to the new ARLO home security app 4.11.1. Since the update, I haven’t received any notifications for any of my ARLO Pro 2 cameras. My base is VMB4000r3.

i checked my activity zones. My cameras are charged and listed on my phone but they are not recording anything.

I have restarted my devices AND I have checked for firmware updates, there are none. This is frustrating. 

help, please. thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

It would appear that you have a unusual issue, 

My pro2 setup is similar with 4 cameras but I am using a much earlier app version as I suspect arlo is silently depreciating features based on their EOL policy. 

Your next step would be to scrub your system from the arlo account and setup again as new.

Warning: Do not delete the arlo account as you will loose the library UI version and have it replaced with the newer feed UI that everyone now curses.

Go into the app, remove each camera then the base station last.

Use a paper clip to factory reset the base station. Hold the internal reset button for 12 sec or until the base LEDs begin flashing. The led configuration should eventually settle as green, green, Amber, left to right.

Use the app to add the base and cameras again as new.

If you have difficulty adding back try using a pc connected to the local router and login to my.arlo.com website.

Adding arlo devices requires the mobile device to be connected to the local wifi and will fail if using cellular data.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

To determine if you have working cloud storage, make a manual recording and confirm that you can view it in your library.

Check what mode is selected in the app. The armed mode should have a camera rule embedded for the active cameras.

Check the camera motion detector is working, use the motion test utility within the camera settings menu.

To reset the camera, pull the battery for ten seconds.

To reset the base, power cycle.

Ashakijohnson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello: 
I completed the following:

• completed manual recording and was able to view it.
  • my ARLO is set to Armed. 
  • I checked motion for all cameras.
  • I also checked activity zones, motion detection and audio detection.
  • I have everything on the highest setting just to see if my cameras will work. 
  • All ARLO pro 2 cameras have been reset and so has base station VMB4000r3

Nothing is working. Did ARLO discontinue service to ARLO 2 cameras on this update? That is the only thing I can think of that could cause this issue. 

Thank you. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

It would appear that you have a unusual issue, 

My pro2 setup is similar with 4 cameras but I am using a much earlier app version as I suspect arlo is silently depreciating features based on their EOL policy. 

Your next step would be to scrub your system from the arlo account and setup again as new.

Warning: Do not delete the arlo account as you will loose the library UI version and have it replaced with the newer feed UI that everyone now curses.

Go into the app, remove each camera then the base station last.

Use a paper clip to factory reset the base station. Hold the internal reset button for 12 sec or until the base LEDs begin flashing. The led configuration should eventually settle as green, green, Amber, left to right.

Use the app to add the base and cameras again as new.

If you have difficulty adding back try using a pc connected to the local router and login to my.arlo.com website.

Adding arlo devices requires the mobile device to be connected to the local wifi and will fail if using cellular data.

Ashakijohnson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Danny! 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation