Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Pro2

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
laniocarvalho
Star
Star

Hi, 

I had purchased the Arlo Pro2 in August last year and was extremely happy with my purchase, till last month when i received a firmware update that i had to push onto the cameras. 

I have linked my cameras to my IFTTT and Smartthings account and hence everytime my front door is opened, the multisensor triggers IFTTT to start recording a 10 seconds clip from my Arlo camera which is pointed at the door. This way I get to know everytime someone enters or leaves my home. Since the update, when the recoreding is triggred in lowlight conditions, the infra red lights on the camera come on, however they do not go off after the camera has stopped recording the 10seconds clip, thus draining my battery. I have to recharge the battery every 4 days and hence the whole reaosn for purchasing the ARLO was pointless!

I spoke with your tech support and after several failed attempts at resolving the issue, was advised to contact IFTTT as it is an issue with them and so I did. After speaking with IFTTT, and carying out some more tests, it was evident that the issue was with the camera and not IFTTT. To isolate the issue, they advised me to use the trigger within Smartthings to capture the recordings which I did and even in these tests the infra red lights just stayed on, thus confirming that the issue was with the software and not the IFTTT or Smartthings platform.

Armed with this information, i contacted the surrport team once again who decided to replace the cameras as he (Ford) believed that the cameras may be faulty (case 40581965). I recived the replacement cameras, however the issue persists. I am not sure what to do and how to get thsi resolved but this is definately something for the ARLO software team to look at. 

I am keen to get this resolved as i am just stuck with a very expensive camera which has to be recharged every 4 days. If this was teh case I could very well have purchased the Wyze Cam which offer most of teh features without the battery for a fraction of the cost. 

Could you please get the software team involved as i would like to get this issue resolved asap wichout having to charge the camera every 4 days!

Thanks

Lanio Carvalho

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I bought a couple of Wyze cams and was disappointed in the 10 second recordings and 5 minute "cooldown" between recordings. Ended up selling them since they really weren't of much use to me.

laniocarvalho
Star
Star
Thanks for your response guru but I like the way you choose to completely ignore the real issue I have with the Arlo Pro2 and you picked on the trivial non relevant comment I made about the wyze cam.. So guess i have to just live with one more disappointment from Arlo as the guru himself could not assist or even attempt to assist me with the real issue!!!!
Kudos Arlo and it's Guru!!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Just another user like you. You Mentioned Wyze, I responded since I don't believe they're equivalent. If I had an answer for your Arlo issue I would have answered that. Not all issues can be answered on a user forum of which both you and I are members. Have you opened a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx
laniocarvalho
Star
Star

Hi Guru, 

My apologies as I believed that you were a superuser and part of the Arlo team. Well just like i mentioned in my initial comments, I had a call logged with the support team post whcih i was sent the replacement cameras, which too had the same issue. I have since responsed to Arlo providingthem with an update and and awaiting a response, however thought that if i posted in the community, I may receive some suppot / ideas.

About your comment with reference the Wyze cams, I think that what on offer given that its a $19.99 is super impressive and it only costs a fraction of what Arlo charge, so you have got to appreciate it for its worth...  the reason people like me and you purchased the Arlo over the Wyze cam is because it has all the bells and whistles thats expected of a high end cam and one would expect the support to be super robust. Pass on your feedback to Wyze cam and the definately work on it as there is pretty much an update every fortnight, meaning that they are constantly improving. 

I only wish that Arlo too take my feedback more seriously and incorporate it in their next update.

Thanks once again and apologies once again for my previous comments.

Thanks,

Lanio

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation