Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hatch1
Follower
Follower

This is not a question but rather a statement regarding the setup of a new ARLO camera system.  You CANNOT create an ARLO account using an email address that was used to setup a Netgear product in the past.  You are REQUIRED to create a new email account.  So, if you have an email address that was used to register a Netgear router, you will not be able to create an ARLO account using the same email address.  For some of you this may not be a big deal but for me, however, I do not want to create a new email account to setup my ARLO camera(s).  One email address should be enough.  I do have a work email address but it's for work, not personal business.  This to me seems like a gamble the executives at ARLO took in their infinite wisdom, when they seperated from Netgear.  I am returning my ARLO cameras, as I have no interest in setting up a new email account, and there is no other solution.  You lost me.

Good luck ARLO!

2 REPLIES 2
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

I use the same address for Arlo and NETGEAR accounts. I don’t know if your assertion is correct, though, since I setup things before the split. The companies split, and have separate Systems now, so it makes no sense Arlo would prohibit using a NETGEAR username.

In any case, instead of wasting your time bashing Arlo why don’t you look for a solution instead.  Are you aware of gmail aliases?  You simply add “+keyword” to your email address before the @ symbol.  If your email is johndoe@gmail.com you can receive email at  johndoe+arlo@gmail.com, or any keyword you choose.

I suggest you try and see if you can register using an alias address like this. Hopefully it will work. 

bkim
Aspirant
Aspirant
I returned mine too. Creating new email account just for arlo?? How genius are these people lol
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation