Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Upgrade/Promotional Buyback/Trade in program

Why doesn't ARLO offer an Upgrade/Promotional Buyback program? I'm a relatively new customer and yes I know the new cameras are backward compatible with whAt I have but I would like and could really use some of the new features for all my cameras.

ARLO PLEASE consider putting together a program to help out all your customers that have older equipment. Buying the newer cameras and base station to get some of the needed capabilites and functions is just not affordable for me.

Comments
2ray4
Novice

You can add Arlo Pro or Pro 2 to your existing base station. You just lose like the siren feature is all.

joegrind
Novice
I have 5 Arlo Pros. Any kind of trade in available so that I can updated to the Arlo Pro 2?
jguerdat
Guru

Nope, just like buying a car when a new model is introduced won't get you a new car.

TheOz
Onlooker

As we many of you, I also feel the frustration of having purchased a 6-camera system three months ago (Best Buy and Amazon add on) and now looking for a trade-in program.  Bummer!

Oz

MrTonyToca
Apprentice

If I were you guys, I would be glad to have the WORKING Arlo Pro's still. The Arlo Pro 2 is literally broken, it has so many bugs that it isnt suitable to even be called a home secutriy camera. At this moment it has more flaws and bugs than it does working parts..... consider yourselves lucky

TheOz
Onlooker

Thanks for the words of "encuragement"  ;o)  It's total frustration on this side of the fence!

The Oz!

ryeguy8585
Guide

Don't do it, the Arlo Pro 2 has more bugs than a bed at Disney.

Hey maybe an internal update @JamesC, can netgear at least acknowledge that there is a problem with camera's going offline and you are working on it?  That might go a long way with your many frustrated customers...Or should i just box up this pile of junk and send it back before my return window expires, and make sure I come on here and tell every prospective cusotmer to stay away?

djdannis
Apprentice

You can have my Pro 2s as a straight trade! LOL 🙂

TheOz
Onlooker

wow... that bad, huh?  Hope they provide a firmware upgrade, pronto!

djdannis
Apprentice

I'm hopeful a firmware update will resolve most of the issues, my only concern is the nightvision brightness difference... That may be hardware related. Holding out hope until the next firware release. If still no resolve or no firmware release soon then I'm going back to the Pros...