Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO PRO 2 - features when not connected to AC power

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dahnew
Follower
Follower

Hi Everyone, 

I would like advices on the feature of the Arlo Pro 2, when it is NOT connected to AC power as i would like to use it as a 100% wire-free camera in-doors.

Based on my research online, without AC power (on battery mode), these are not available

1) CVR not enabled.

2) Activity zone not enabled.

3) 3-second recording before activity alert not enabled.

Therefore, what features will it have if it is on battery mode (100% wire free)?  

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Ihate100bees
Tutor
Tutor
Wow! These cameras have been incredible for me. I purchased the six pack almost a month ago and before hanging them 20 ft up the sides of my house and all around it, I thought it would be safe to just positioned throughout my house and let them run to make sure that they would stay online and there would be no issues. I have to say they have been incredible so far. You asked about the features. Of course when they are powered through AC, I'm expecting the doors to open wide. I can tell you the batteries are lasting a long, long time when mounted in the house and only triggering on motion. I think since I've had them for the month now, the battery is only down to about 86%. The color of the video is extremely great and I don't even have it set on the best quality. The night vision is also very good, and there are adjustments for each camera on motion and audio and also whether or not you want push notifications from this Arlo app or just notifications to your email. Couldn't be happier with these. I spoke with the tech support regarding the speaker when used for talk back because I was a little disappointed on the volume of the speaker when I used my cell phone to speak through the camera. He spent about 20 minutes with me testing each camera and running through some firmware just to be sure that I have the most current versions, in which immediately after syncing each camera out of the box, they ran their own updated firmware installations. Together, we discovered that it was actually my cell phone microphone that seem to be the problem. When we tested it from my laptop the cameras were loud and clear considering the little speaker. It would still be enough to let an intruder know that you were there. To resolve the issue I'm going to try and download some other apps into my phone that feature different microphones. Anyways good luck and I'm sure you will be happy when you purchase your Arlo Pro 2 cameras
Ihate100bees
Tutor
Tutor

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Therefore, what features will it have if it is on battery mode (100% wire free)?  

Basically, the same as the Pro... as you mentioned the extra options are available on AC

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation