720 or 1080?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TimboArloMan
Tutor
Tutor

Why does the cams settings say 1080 but when I download a vid to my computer it says it's recorded at 720? The quality sure looks like 720, or less. 

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TimboArloMan wrote:

Why does the cams settings say 1080 but when I download a vid to my computer it says it's recorded at 720? 

Can you confirm that this is a Pro 2 (and not a Pro)?

• You can check by removing the camera from the shell, and then removing the battery.   There is a label inside.
  • Alternatively, go into the support area of the app, and select the camera.  Scroll down to the product ID field.  The Pro (720p) will show VMC4030, the Pro 2 (1080p) will show VMC4030P.

Also check that the camera is fully zoomed out (in the video settings).  The camera just has digital zoom, and resolution is reduced if you zoom the image in.

TimboArloMan
Tutor
Tutor

I can confirm that these are the pro 2.

model.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TimboArloMan wrote:

I can confirm that these are the pro 2.

Did you go into the video settings, and make sure the cameras are zoomed all the way out?

TimboArloMan
Tutor
Tutor

I did. None of them are zoomed in. Actually, I didn't know you could zoom in in the app. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TimboArloMan wrote:

I did. None of them are zoomed in. 

Then you should be seeing 1080p recordings.  How are you checking the resolution of the mp4?

Just to circle back to the model identification...  The Pro 2 has a white edge, while the Pro has a black one (as shown in the photo below).

arlo-pro-vs-arlo-pro-2-1.jpg

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation