Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

5 Arlo Pro cameras not responding. Out of state at the moment. Checked internet and works well.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bostonfan49
Tutor
Tutor

Have 8 Arlo Pro cameras, 4 in Vermont where I am (working fine) and 4 in MA that as of yesterday are now not online. The power to the house IS on, I have Heat, Lights etc...but when I try to activate the cameras through my phone or iPad app, all I get is the message that "the Cameras appear to be off line, make sure it’s powered on and connected to the internet" The cameras have been working fine for over 2 years. Because of COVID, I have not been able to get to the house. I checked with Xfinity and they confirmed that my Internet is up and okay! If I can get a neighbor there...What is the easiest solution? Thanks, Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A power outage can cause this when the router isn't ready but the base is. Power cycling the base should cure this but doing both the router and base may be a better choice. Let the router complete its boot before turning the base on.

For the future (and maybe you can get your neighbor to do this for you), use of at least a WiFi switch that the base plugs into would allow you to remotely power cycle the base. Of course, the neighbor would need to be able to set up the switch for you on your WiFi. Use of a UPS for your modem, router and base would help fly through most outages. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bostonfan49
Tutor
Tutor
...and I have already activated two step verification, Bill
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A power outage can cause this when the router isn't ready but the base is. Power cycling the base should cure this but doing both the router and base may be a better choice. Let the router complete its boot before turning the base on.

For the future (and maybe you can get your neighbor to do this for you), use of at least a WiFi switch that the base plugs into would allow you to remotely power cycle the base. Of course, the neighbor would need to be able to set up the switch for you on your WiFi. Use of a UPS for your modem, router and base would help fly through most outages. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation